Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Clue 1: The first line of this song's lyrics contains a metaphor.

Clue 2: A line in the song points to a later album title. Another line in the song has by some been (over)emphasized as a key to the song's theme.

Guesses not needed here: Brave New World, Edge of Darkness

Blood Brothers is the one. Didn't take long, this one...
Clues explained:

(Walk through the) garden of life

Clue 2: A line in the song points to a later album title. Another line in the song has by some been (over)emphasized as a key to the song's theme.

The line "for a second a glimpse of my father I see". The loss of Steve's father has often been cited as the song's theme and inspiration, but if we look at the rest of the lyrics, the "Blood Brothers" image seems to carry a wider meaning than merely the personal father-son link.

Blood Brothers is the one. Didn't take long, this one...
Clues explained:

(Walk through the) garden of life

The line "for a second a glimpse of my father I see". The loss of Steve's father has often been cited as the song's theme and inspiration, but if we look at the rest of the lyrics, the "Blood Brothers" image seems to carry a wider meaning than merely the personal father-son link.
Clue 2: What's the later album title the song points to? I re-read what you wrote three times and didn't see it there. It's also late and I'm sleepy so I could've just missed it.

I'm the sleepy one, apparently, I forgot that one was in there @chaosapiant

Say a prayer on the Book of the Dead

The Egyptian funerary text Book of the Dead is an obvious inspiration for Book of Souls, Maiden's fictional Mayan counterpart.

Back