Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter

Clue 1: The hands that threaten doom. < from "2 Minutes To Midnight" // "Honey, it's getting close to midnight"
Clue 2: In the guise of a beggar, Minerva guides my way. < "...and all the myths are still in town" (the myth of Ulysses) - the lyrics are from Symphony X's "The Odyssey")
Clue 3: Jesus freaks out in the street, handing tickets out for God. < lyrics from Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" which also include: "Lay me down in sheets of linen" // "True love and lipstick on your linen"
Clue 4: Thought I heard her callin’ my name now. < "Bite the pillow, make no sound" could be related in the context
Clue 5: Not dead, which eternal lie. < "Before your life becomes your tomb"
Clue 6: A prayer from the dying? < "You'd better pray I'm the one"
Clue 7: The man is back in town, don’t you mess around. < "'Cos you know I'm coming soon"
Clue 8: The Invited Guest… could be a friend? < "Unchain your backdoor, invite me around"
Boom! Nailed it! Only extra things to note are that clue 4 comes from Deep Purple’s “Hush”, which ties into “make no sound”; and clue 7 is from AC/DC’s “T.N.T.”, which has a line just before that one that goes “Lock up your daughter, lock up your wife, lock up your backdoor, run for your life.” Also I used that line from “The Odyssey” as clue 2 because it’s the moment that Odysseus returns home, aka has back in town. But “myth” was the important concept there anyway.

Black Bart has done it again and at this point I’m ready to write a reference letter if you want to be hired as an assistant to Sherlock Holmes. :D

@Black Bart you gave Clue #2 and #3 together??
Yes, I tend to do that before (my) bedtime so that those at the other side of the globe don't have to wait too long if more than three guesses are given before I come back. ;)

Anyway,

Clue #1: sticky little fingers
Clue #2: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Jer...!2m2!1d-77.3503609!2d25.0443312!3e4?entry=ttu
Clue #3:
View attachment 36404

Clue #4:
1715672023710.png

Incorrect guesses: 2 Minutes To Midnight/ Montségur/ Be Quick or Be Dead/ Shadow of the Valley/ Coming Home/ Journeyman/ Quest For Fire

Last edited:
The song "Sun And Steel" would have been too obvious.

clue #1 => the precise little fingers of the young samouraï (or thorny fingers of a schoolgirl's prostitute or the country mile long skinny guy ) ?
clue #2 => the place where the song to guess has been recorded.
clue #3 => the Sims version of a blacksmith's forge, where steel is being created.

But I don't know what could be the link with the clue #4... As there are only 5 tracks from 1983 : "Flight Of Icarus", "The Trooper" + two covers ("I've Got The Fire" and "Cross-Eyed Mary") + Nicko's words...

Maybe "I've Got The Fire" ?

Last edited:
So far, @TheMercenary 's latest guess and explanation are the closest to finding the right track. ;)

Clue #1: sticky little fingers
Clue #2: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Jer...!2m2!1d-77.3503609!2d25.0443312!3e4?entry=ttu
Clue #3:
View attachment 36404

Clue #4:
View attachment 36408

Clue #5:
Dedicated to @MindRuler and in relation to the previous clue. ;)

Incorrect guesses: 2 Minutes To Midnight/ Montségur/ Be Quick or Be Dead/ Shadow of the Valley/ Coming Home/ Journeyman/ Quest For Fire/ I've Got The Fire/ Massacre / Innocent Exile

Last edited:
Back