Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Clue #1 : Fly Guy

Clue #2:
328596-1588339596.png

Clue #3: A famous -though not regarded as a definite "classic" live staple- song from Metallica has got a different approach to the concept of residence.

Clue #4: Visually speaking, this song is a one-off.

Clue #5:

View attachment 27425
<->

Clue #6:
View attachment 27426

Clue #7: Don't you Europeans think it is a bit early?

Clue #8: a reunion song?

Clue #9:
hearing-loss-temporary-permanent-hh19.jpg

Incorrect guesses: Purgatory/ Seventh Son of a Seventh Son/ Drifter/ Juanita/ Coming Home/ Still Life/ Killers/ Powerslave/ Wasting Love/ Dance of Death/ Flash of the Blade/ Back In the Village/ 22 Acacia Avenue/ Moonchild/ Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter/ 2AM/ Como Estais Amigos/ Montségur/ The Final Frontier/ Blood Brothers/ Mother of Mercy

Last edited:
Clue #1 : Fly Guy
< this artist released a track called "Disco Hop" (//"Whiskey dancing, disco hop")

Clue #2:
328596-1588339596.png

< This is the delicious Elizabeth Röhme in her character Kate Lockley, a police detective in the series Angel. (// "Spent the night in a L.A jail")

Clue #3: A famous -though not regarded as a definite "classic" live staple- song from Metallica has got a different approach to the concept of residence.
< "Where I lay my head is home" ("Wherever I May Roam" Metallica) vs. "I've got no place to call my own"

Clue #4: Visually speaking, this song is a one-off.
< unless I'm mistaken the 1985 live single of "Running Free" is the only one whose cover features a photo instead of an Eddie artwork.

Clue #5:

View attachment 27425
<->

< Ahem... "Funning Bree" (Van De Kamp, from Desperate Housewives)

Clue #6:
View attachment 27426

< Velvet Revolver has a song called "Just Sixteen", also the first words of "Running Free".

Clue #7: Don't you Europeans think it is a bit early?
< "Just sixteen, a pick-up truck" : The driving license is given as early as 16 years old in the US, while you have to wait to be 18 to drive alone in most European countries.

Clue #8: a reunion song?
< technically, "Running Free" is the first song played by Iron Maiden as a six-piece, at the end of the 1992 Donington concert.

Clue #9:
hearing-loss-temporary-permanent-hh19.jpg

< in the long version featured on Live After Death (double cassette and video), Bruce says, to get the crowd to sing the chorus:
rf.png
Source: http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com/?url=album05b_lad/lyrics05b_lad&lang=eng&link=albums

Well done again, @Jmaster . Your turn! :)

Good one @Black Bart.
Up till that point, in 1985 it was the first non-Eddie cover (does anyone know why?)
Later, from the top of my head: From Here to Eternity and Wasting Love singles were also Eddie-less.

But I digress: I'm too busy at work to do another right now. Why? Oh, because I'm soon off to see
Iron Maiden tomorrow!

So anyone who's ready can take this turn.

Back