Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Clue 1:
The beginning of this next song has a natural counterpart within Maiden’s discography.

Clue 2:
A key line from the song lyrics could - in isolation - make the listener somewhat wrongly categorise this song along with Blood on the World's Hands and Age of Innocence.

Clue 3:
The lyrics has a noticeable phrase in the imperative mode.

Clue 4:
The beginning is mirrored in the ending of the song, and - in a blink-and-you-miss-it fashion - also in the mid-section.

Clue 5:
In the song, you will hear the name of songs by Kiss, The Beatles and David Bowie. You will also hear the name of a musical instrument and a means of transportation in the lyrics.

Clue 6:
Sorry about slow service, folks. I actually had a great Dave Murray-related clue ready to go for days, but as I was about to post it, I couldn't figure out the answer myself! But here's another:

Two representatives for the authorities make an appearance in this song.

Clue 7:
In a few lines of the lyrics, the song guides you to help in practical matters of a rather mundane nature.

Clue 8:
The roots of this song can be traced back to the early days of Maiden, and even before that.

Clue 9:
The beginning of the last line of the verse is identical with the chorus. This pattern is repeated throughout the song.

Clue 10:
The Beatles and ELO have a song in their catalog that could lead you right to this Maiden track.

Clue 11:
From here to Eternity, Public Enema Number One and No Prayer for the Dying form a song trilogy that should lead you to the right song.

Clue 12:
The song has a structure that is quite similar to another Maiden song. These two songs were released within less that three months between them. The song you're looking for also shares several similarities with a song in Judas Priest's catalog.

Clue 13:
The song lyrics (may) hint at some unlawful behaviour. The basis of this is the same as in clue 7.

Clue 14:
woman-vhs-tape-near-vcr-player-table-close-up-woman-vhs-tape-near-vcr-player-table-153359013.jpg

A guess that's gone very wrong for me:
Hallowed be thy Name, Darkest Hour, Infinite Dreams, 2 Minutes to Midnight, The Book of Souls, Run to the Hills, Sanctuary, The Evil that Men Do, Revelations, Hell on Earth, The Parchment, Out of the Silent Planet, Senjutsu, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Dance of Death, Hooks in You, Starblind, Empire of the Clouds, Moonchild 22 Acacia Avenue, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, The Red and the Black, Caught Somewhere in Time, Innocent Exile, Twilight Zone, Juanita, No Prayer For the Dying, Sanctuary, Prodigal Son, Journeyman, El Dorado, Isle of Avalon, Iron Maiden, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Running Free, Aces High, Justice of the Peace, The Wicker Man, Brave New World, The Assassin

Absolutely no idea, just throwing stuff at the wall to see if anything sticks lol

Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter

Clue 1:
The beginning of this next song has a natural counterpart within Maiden’s discography.

Clue 2:
A key line from the song lyrics could - in isolation - make the listener somewhat wrongly categorise this song along with Blood on the World's Hands and Age of Innocence.

Clue 3:

Clue 4:
The beginning is mirrored in the ending of the song, and - in a blink-and-you-miss-it fashion - also in the mid-section.

Clue 5:
In the song, you will hear the name of songs by Kiss, The Beatles and David Bowie. You will also hear the name of a musical instrument and a means of transportation in the lyrics.

Clue 6:
Sorry about slow service, folks. I actually had a great Dave Murray-related clue ready to go for days, but as I was about to post it, I couldn't figure out the answer myself! But here's another:

Clue 7:
In a few lines of the lyrics, the song guides you to help in practical matters of a rather mundane nature.

Clue 8:
The roots of this song can be traced back to the early days of Maiden, and even before that.

Clue 9:
The beginning of the last line of the verse is identical with the chorus. This pattern is repeated throughout the song.

Clue 10:
The Beatles and ELO have a song in their catalog that could lead you right to this Maiden track.

Clue 11:
From here to Eternity, Public Enema Number One and No Prayer for the Dying form a song trilogy that should lead you to the right song.

Clue 12:
The song has a structure that is quite similar to another Maiden song. These two songs were released within less that three months between them. The song you're looking for also shares several similarities with a song in Judas Priest's catalog.

Clue 13:
The song lyrics (may) hint at some unlawful behaviour. The basis of this is the same as in clue 7.

Clue 14:
View attachment 27307

Clue 15:
Rock_and_roll_over_cover.jpg

A guess that's gone very wrong for me:

Hallowed be thy Name, Darkest Hour, Infinite Dreams, 2 Minutes to Midnight, The Book of Souls, Run to the Hills, Sanctuary, The Evil that Men Do, Revelations, Hell on Earth, The Parchment, Out of the Silent Planet, Senjutsu, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Dance of Death, Hooks in You, Starblind, Empire of the Clouds, Moonchild 22 Acacia Avenue, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, The Red and the Black, Caught Somewhere in Time, Innocent Exile, Twilight Zone, Juanita, No Prayer For the Dying, Sanctuary, Prodigal Son, Journeyman, El Dorado, Isle of Avalon, Iron Maiden, 2 Minutes to Midnight, Running Free, Aces High, Justice of the Peace, The Wicker Man, Brave New World, The Assassin, The Fugitive, Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter, Wasted Years

Clue 1:

The recorded dialogue in the song is the same party trick as used in "Misson from 'Arry."

Clue 2:

In Bruce's first line, he's "write a little letter" to his local MP. The songs mentioned are also letter-to-the-editor rants about current political issues.

Clue 3:

Roll over.

Clue 4:

The recorded dialogue start and ends the track, and snippets are added inside the song.

Clue 5:

"Nothin' to Lose". "Taxman". "Quicksand". Fiddle. Truck (or car).

Clue 6:

The police (panda car) and the tax man.

Clue 7:

"You want to buy a truck and need a new VCR
Vic he gonna say he knows where they are"

Clue 8:

Vic Vella became Maiden's roadie back in 1976, and knew Steve from the Smiler days in the early 70s.
Obviously, Chuck Berry's original was recorded as early as 1956 (the same year Steve was born).

Clue 9:

Self-explanatory.

Clue 10:

"Roll over Beethoven"

Clue 11:
From Here to Eternity, Public Enema Number One and No Prayer for the Dying form a song trilogy that should lead you to the right song.

I was sure this was a give-away: "Roll Over Vic Vella" appears with these three songs on the "From Here to Eternity" maxi single.

Clue 12:

The 12-bar blues formula of "Roll over Beethoven" is just about the same as "Nodding Donkey Blues", the "Be Quick or Be Dead" B-side.
Judas Priest covered Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode" on "Ram it Down" (sorry for reminding you of this fact).

Clue 13:

The truck, the VCR... and the police coming might suggest that Vic's dealing in stolen goods.

Clue 14:
View attachment 27307

A picture of a VCR. As it's opened, it might be broken, and you'd have to give Vic Vella a call.

Clue 15:
View attachment 27374

"Rock and ROLL OVER"....

Clue #1 : Fly Guy

Clue #2:
328596-1588339596.png

Last edited:
Back