GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

Quite frankly and quite bluntly, I’m glad that Sabbath are getting taken out by Priest and Bruce because these albums just aren’t such a much. If it were Paranoid, Heaven and Hell, heck even the debut, I’d be more understanding, but later Ozzy era tracks bore me. Up against my favorite album ever? And another contender for my overall favorites list? Bruce and Priest take this by storm.

And I’ll throw in pity votes for Mayhem and Sepultura because they’re getting thrashed.

Reactions: Yax
Mayhem just for the fuck of it (don't even like the album the slightest and there are some passages in SOAM I kinda dig. But hey... overall I couldn't care less about these two albums)

Vol 4 is a monster of a classic and my 3rd favorite Sabbath album. But to be fair I think The Chemical Wedding is a bit better. It wouldn't pass if it was Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Paranoid would be a tough matchup. Nevertheless, Bruce Dickinson wins this one.

As I stated before several times Firepower is one hell of an album but... Sabbath Bloody Sabbath? Fucking Sabbath Bloody Sabbath? The title track is simply put my favorite Sabbath song followed by the masterpiece that is A National Acrobat. Then there's Killing Yourself To Live, Looking For Today and the superb Spiral Architect. When your "worst" song is probably Sabbra Cadabbra you know how high the standards are. There are only two Priest records that are on the same echelon than this masterpiece, and neither of them is Firepower no matter how good it is. Black Sabbath.

Well... although not being my favorite this is Brazil's thrashing behemoths breakthrough album that left the metal community worldwide with their jaws at their feet. Brave New World versus Beneath The Remains, Innerself, Slaves Of Pain, Mass Hypnosis? Yeah right. Sepultura, PORRA!

Last edited:
[..]I’m glad that Sabbath are getting taken out by Priest [..]

[..] because these albums just aren’t such a much. If it were Paranoid, Heaven and Hell, heck even the debut, I’d be more understanding, but later Ozzy era tracks bore me. [..]

[..] Priest take this by storm.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath vs Firepower: 11 - 12

*rubs hands, while something reminiscent of a grin slowly appears, then turning into a loud laugh*

One of Dream Theater's best lps (if not one of the best concept lps ever) vs a band I never heard of (Mayhem) is not a hard choice. Also really enjoyed seeing 20th anniversary played live last year!
Scenes From a Memory.

Whike not as strong as Master of Reality, Black Sabbath Vol 4 is their last classic lp to me with Ozzy vs Bruce's Chemical Wedding which, unfortunately, Accident of Birth is the only Bruce lp I am really familiar with (one of my favorite metal lps of all time) so I go with Sabbath.
Vol. 4.

My opinion of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is between @Diesel 11 and @karljant. I don't think it is boring but not as big on it as earlier lps. Sure title track is a classic and I like most of the others but up against Firepower is no contest for me. Firepower is Priest's strongest lp in years (and I loved Redeemer of Souls) if not one if the best metal lps of past 10 years for me.
Firepower.

Beneath the Remains side 1 is one of my desert island sides: absolute perfection! But I just don't remember most of side 2.
In comparison Brave New World I love every song (except Blood Brothers). Maiden's reunion with Bruce and Adrian is a STRONG way to start off 21st century and the tour was amazing as well.
Brave New World for me.

[Nine Heroes] wanted for Mayhem's win.
200.gif

She’d probably be a fan...

If he votes Sabbath Fucking Sabbath I think we'll have to look into a replacement mod. :ninja:

I kid, it's only a game. :p

For what its worth, I listened to Vol. 4 and Chemical Wedding yesterday and I would have voted for TCW, no problem. Id take a Best Of Sabbath over a Best Of Bruce and Sabbaths legacy is certainly greater but TCW is a far better listen than Vol. 4. Shout out to the Underrated Hidden Gem Backdoor Classic that is the last song on Vol 4.

And I would have voted Mayhem. Without even listening.

Mayhem's knocked out by Dream Theater. They'll move on to the Premiership to battle against Black Sabbath.
Famous ex-Samson singer Bruce Bruce beats Sabbath's Vol. 4. His album, a collaboration with noted ex-ASAP lead Adrian Smith, will compete against King Diamond's Abigail.
Black Sabbath defeats Judas Priest in a strong and impressive comeback. They'll face Black Sabbath in the Premiership in a battle of eras - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath vs Heaven & Hell.
It's a Brave New World as Iron Maiden crushes Sepultura, who never seemed to live up to their credit here. Brave New World is the next test of classic Maiden vs. reunion Maiden as it's Premiership matchup is against The Number of the Beast.

Back