GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Nominations closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grunge doesn't exist, those bands that are labeled as "grunge" are either metal (Alice In Chains, Soundgarden - who are also listed on Metal Archives) or hard rock (Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots).

Alternative metal and alternative rock is how I group them, personally. I agree with the grunge isn't a musical genre sentiment. It was an aesthetic.

Well they were nominated, so they'll get their chance to prove how far they can go.

If Lampwick's list was the final list, then there will be 578 albums in this game, which means a short round of 4, followed by 17 rounds of 64 as subsequent higher-ranked albums enter the list in an unseeded manner, followed by a round of 32, a round of 16, quarter finals, semi finals, 3rd place, and finals.

Rounds of 32 will be executed in probably 8 games at a time, so it will take awhile to get through the league structure. But don't worry, it won't take nearly as long as the Iced Earth survivor.

Rounds will be short (48 hours), and own goals will count (IE, if you make a mistake and vote incorrectly, you just scored on your own net, Lee Dixon). If we go to extra time that matchup will be opened for 24 hours. If extra time doesn't solve things, we will go to kicks. Kicks are really simple - reply to the thread with the album/band you prefer. First one to 3 mentions wins in kicks. Them's the rules. That's Maidenfans Metal Football.

I will be pre-building the league table, and once it is built but before teams start going through it, I will share it with another Maidenfans member so they can see that nothing has been rigged or pre-designed. Lanes are pre-determined.

I'm also thinking about doing some sort of betting mechanic, but I can't yet figure out how to do it.

Grunge doesn't exist, those bands that are labeled as "grunge" are either metal (Alice In Chains, Soundgarden - who are also listed on Metal Archives) or hard rock (Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots).
Strongly agreed with that. You could also call a band like Nirvana punk. Grunge is a scene and fashion trend, but the music itself is just 70s throwback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back