GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Nominations closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Nemesis Divina being my favourite from them, and my overall favourite album at some point.
Well no one's perfect you know :D
It's a very good album, probably technically better than the previous two. I just love the unique atmosphere each of the first two has.

Actually, I do respect Chuck for his performance on Painkiller, but this is a good analogy.

Death's cover of Painkiller is pretty good but the guitar solo is a disappointment. That's not a surprise, considering that the original solo is a masterpiece equaled by few.

Probably reaching saturation on this, but keeping it open for any additional lists until Friday night (basically anything that gets in before I total Saturday AM).

If so, please nominate Badmotorfinger and Superunknown for me since I missed those!
I'm forming my list right now. Superunknown will definitely be on it, but idk if Badmotorfinger will make the cut. If I have an extra spot at the end though I'll add it on. I'm going to put some Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam on my list as well.

I mean, no, but if you nominate the albums they'll make the game, and we can see how they do. There's already some Pearl Jam and Nirvana in the game.
Cool beans.

List sent. This was pretty tough. I had to be somewhat strategic with my choices, in order to be able to get some more lesser known albums in there. I completely omitted Maiden, Bruce, Priest, and Metallica, with the idea that they would already be well represented here. I also didn't include any more than 2 albums per band, in order to make sure there was enough variety.

I did end up including Badmotorfinger @MrKnickerbocker, becuase I wasn't sure if anyone else would have nominated it.

I took a gamble by not including Meliora, V: The New Mythology Suite, and Silicon Messiah, but I feel pretty confident that those albums will have been nominated by others. If they're not, I'll be pretty upset.

Grunge doesn't exist, those bands that are labeled as "grunge" are either metal (Alice In Chains, Soundgarden - who are also listed on Metal Archives) or hard rock (Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back