GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

A bullshit insinuation that I will report. I do not wish to be called a racist when I do not make a racist comment. In fact, maybe your comment is racist.
My attorneys will contact you. See you in court!

Anyway. I could not care less for Skid Row barring 3 songs. Mezmerize is awesome, so easy choice there. I don't know CoC and Scream Bloody Gore is awesome, so easy again. Living Colour is just bad, and Nuclear Assault is passable. I don't care for Pantera barring a few songs and Sabbat is way more inventive.

That’s how my ears hear it. Slower Metallica worship with some punk flavor. Parts of it sound almost lifted off of those albums.

This occurred to me at the time, and I wondered if someone would make the joke...LOL.
Imagine this album facing Pantera's. :nana:

Imagine this album facing Pantera's. :nana:
Sound Of White Noise all the way. One of the most underrated metal albums ever done only second best to Among The Living and Persistence Of Time in the band's catalogue IMO (yes... I even think it's a bit better than the amazing Spreading The Disease).

If the System of a Down album wins against Skid Row then it will be all @srfc's fault for missing that open goal. :facepalm:

tumblr_or1hp4M3bm1tf8a5ao1_500.gif

Well that's fine, and honestly, part of this is giving everyone a chance to share albums they love.

I don't love System of a Down but they're better than Skid Row.
I listened to a fair bit of Corrosion of Conformity but I find myself really enjoying Death, far more than I thought I would.
Nuclear Assault is good ol' fashioned thrash. Thanks for sharing @Magnus! Living Colour has had a good run but it's time to end.
Sabbat. I listened to both albums, and while neither make me entirely happy, I prefer Sabbat's riffage to the southern rock infused sound of Pantera.

Mezmerize has that one great song and is forever blended with Hypnotize, which was absolutely atrocious. Skid Row has a bunch of filler, but three classic tracks. Gets my vote.

I prefer the version of COC that came after Blind, but this is a good record and has Vote With a Bullet. Easy win.

Living Colour, I guess. I’m not enthused about either of these.

Pantera, even though this is not a great album.

Back