Gojira

They're not bad. RT sound a lot like Gojira and seem hit and miss. Black Peaks are not too bad at all, proggy style. I'll explore them more later

Hopefully we get a new album soon. Magma was fucking awesome but I wish it was longer. Hopefully we can get something like that with the next album.

Some very preliminary news about the next Gojira album from Mario Duplantier (drums):

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/go...album-is-going-well-we-are-super-proud-of-it/

It's not news really. He just said that they are working on a new album and that they're proud of it (but then he wouldn't say he's ashamed either). I'm surprised they've had any time to work on new stuff since 'Magma' was released as they seem to have toured constantly. They did Download Festival in 2016, UK tour in 2017, Bloodstock Festival in 2018 and there will be another UK tour this year plus, bizarrely, an appearance at Glastonbury.

Opeth releasing Live at Red Rocks video on youtube in a couple days. This was during that co-headline tour with Opeth which was also recorded.

What? I wasn't even aware of this.
1589920637057.png

It was on the same weekend as the Birmingham show that @phantomoftheicarus and I went to, and then I saw Demons & Wizards in London the following day.

That was a great show. They totally blew Opeth off the stage imo.
I can imagine that's true.

The setting of this show looks spectacular and the show itself looks good too, but it's so lame that everyone has a seat. That's not how you watch a Gojira show!

I’ve seen Gojira three times live and they are an incredible band to watch live at a concert with Gojira playing on stage.

I’ve seen Gojira three times live and they are an incredible band to watch live at a concert with Gojira playing on stage.
I've seen them nine times.

I watched the Red Rocks show on Youtube last week. The show sounded and looked great, but it was so strange to see everyone in rows. How could they restrain themselves from moshing? o_O

Chemical restraint. That's definitely not a 'sit still to view' band. Yes were better for that.

Back