Gojira

I wonder how you couldn't find it. Maybe you should have entered "Gojira" in the search function.

I wonder how you couldn't find it. Maybe you should have entered "Gojira" in the search function.
That's what I've done. ;) But, no Gojira thread, only random thread in which Gojira has been mentioned (like Now Playing or so) in the results. :blink:

Last edited:
To be fair to @TheMercenary , when you use the search function now half the first page of results is from the last two days, al about the olympics. I went back a handful of pages and almost all hits were from the Greatest Metal Song Cup (or whatever, one of those kinds of threads). No idea how far you'd have to go to find this thread, so not that outlandish to assume that a thread didn't exist.

To be fair to @TheMercenary , when you use the search function now half the first page of results is from the last two days, al about the olympics. I went back a handful of pages and almost all hits were from the Greatest Metal Song Cup (or whatever, one of those kinds of threads). No idea how far you'd have to go to find this thread, so not that outlandish to assume that a thread didn't exist.
True. I think the "search titles only" checkbox would help in this case.

Anyway, was great to see Gojira at the Olympics! Hope to see them live again soon.

Christians went completely mad... :facepalm: :lol::lol::lol:

Most Christians (apart from the Bible Belt evangelicals) weren't mad because of Gojira, though. Let's just say the intertextuality was... unfortunate.

Anyway

Yeah, this gives me quite the satisfaction - when me and wifey went to see Metallica in 2012, all the boomer crowd that knew only Nothing Else Matters (it was the Black Album Revisited tour and the audience seemed to be put together accordingly) have actually booed and whistled at Gojira, who were the opener.

I was pretty pissed off, because Gojira had given better performance than Machine Head (the other support band) and Metallica (who were pretty good, but Lars fucked up two songs and then spent the ending of the gig putting watter in his mouth and spitting it at the audience).

when me and wifey went to see Metallica in 2012, all the boomer crowd that knew only Nothing Else Matters (it was the Black Album Revisited tour and the audience seemed to be put together accordingly) have actually booed and whistled at Gojira, who were the opener.

I was pretty pissed off, because Gojira had given better performance than Machine Head (the other support band)
It was exactly the same in Belgrade on that tour.

Back