Ghostvivor: Results

Are you satisfied?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We had a vote. GhostVivor is purely democratic.

Anything else on the forum? You know my title...

If You Have Ghost was one of the highlights of the show I saw a couple months ago. They did the band introductions during it. A lot of the fans hold it very high. Tobias definitely enjoys it too.

I think it’s an essential Ghost song, as well as a live staple. I still think we should have had it in this game.

Yeah it maybe my favourite Ghost track

Has everyone who intends to play voted yet? I would just like to get an idea of who all is playing.

The second album took a few listens but it’s starting to click. It’s definitely more adventurous than the first album, which goes a long way for me, but not everything works. I’d say the debut is more consistent as a whole, but the best moments on Infestissumam outshine most of the debut (I think Ritual is my favorite song in the game so far though). Gouleh is pretty incredible and I’m surprised it has votes. It has great atmosphere and dynamics.

One thing I really don’t like about Infestissumam is the production. It’s more polished sure but it’s also very loud and not in a good way. Very hot master and the sound is muddy.

One thing I really don’t like about Infestissumam is the production. It’s more polished sure but it’s also very loud and not in a good way. Very hot master and the sound is muddy.

I beg to differ. I think Infestissumam has the best production of all Ghost albums.

Gouleh is pretty incredible and I’m surprised it has votes. It has great atmosphere and dynamics.

Yeah I was surprised too, definitely my favourite track on that album.

I've had Infestissumam in the car for the last few days. I'll stand by my votes, feel sorry for Monstrance Clock and Jigolo as they are good tracks and don't deserve votes but they aren't as good as the other tracks that I didn't vote for. But the other 3 I voted for Body and Blood, Idolatrine and Depth of Satan's Eyes aren't great.

I wasn't going to vote for the instrumentals/mood setting tracks as I think they all serve a purpose and achieve their aims. And Mantra Mori is great.

I would probably say Prequelle has the best production, The debut sounds a little flat to me and Infesstissumam sounds a little jumbled together at points.

Deus Culpa
Elizabeth (I seriously don't understand how I'm the only one voting for this...)
Infestissumam (which is far better than the intro track on the debut, but still an intro track)
Depth of Satan's Eyes (easily the weakest album track)
La Mantra Mori (this song is literally the same thing over and over, what am I missing?)

The second album is honestly only marginally better than the first. I rate it one point higher (76/100 vs. 75/100). Both of these albums suffer from filler and disjointed production, be it for different reasons. I find the votes for Idolatrine very bizarre, I think it's one of Ghost's most unique and interesting tunes.

Well, it's certainly the loudest. I agree with @Mosh: in terms of sound quality, it is a distant fourth behind the other three albums.

So, when is the next round?:D
On one hand, it’s surprising. I figured with a major label behind them and a larger budget the sound would at least be more polished. Then again, I’m used to Raskulinecz making bad sounding albums for huge bands.

Elizabeth (I seriously don't understand how I'm the only one voting for this...)
Maybe my favorite track on that album! At worst it's a close second behind Ritual. That's why this Survivor game should be interesting -- a wide variance on personal tastes for this band. There is no "Hallowed" that is guaranteed to win.

While we are at it, if I had projected which songs I thought would be the only ones without a single vote against, I very much doubt I would have predicted Genesis or Ad Aspera...

Eliminated:
Deus Culpa
Depth of Satan's Eyes

The votes were a lot more spread out than expected, but two songs received the majority so they are gone. These rounds where we don't introduce more albums will be a bit shorter.

Back