Ghost

I like Ghost as tongue in cheek theatricals with some catchy music, I'm not so keen when they drift too far into self parody. It makes for a silly video but it's tedious to listen to.

I think Kiss the Go-Goat is excellent. I still can't get the pre-chorus out of my head, it's so catchy and good.

Has anybody seen Ghost on this leg yet? My dad went last night in Spokane and I was told the turnout was quite poor. Maybe 300 people in the pit. Photos of the gig seem to back this up too.

#TheEndIsNear!

To be fair, this tour is a bit ambitious when it comes to venues. It's their first full length tour in arena sized venues, in America. So it doesn't really surprise me that turnout is a bit sparse, seeing as though it's a fairly lengthy tour.

To be fair, this tour is a bit ambitious when it comes to venues. It's their first full length tour in arena sized venues, in America. So it doesn't really surprise me that turnout is a bit sparse, seeing as though it's a fairly lengthy tour.
I think a lot of the arenas may be used as half-arenas. Well at least the one in Spokane was.

The arena in Ottawa, which seats 18,500 for hockey, is configured at 8000 for Ghost.

I had actually never checked out Ghost before, until I saw the live warming up for Metallica this summer. I knew of them, but never bothered to check them out.

But since that show, (which was brilliant!) I’ve listened to some Ghost almost every day on Spotify. Prequelle rules most I think, then Infestissumam.

Ghost tonight in Ottawa and it doesn't look like the band has sold out the venue or even close. Should be interesting to see.

I like Ghost a lot. I hope their next album sounds more like Meliora or Opus than Prequelle or Infest, but I like all their albums and enjoy listening to them with the sides of my face. That's where I keep my ear holes.

Update: My 7 inch Satanic Panic vinyl finally came in the mail. Yay!

Last edited:
Saw them live in Lisbon, they were great. Two new songs sound amazing live. Can't wait for them to release new material.

Kinda surprised by this. Wasn’t there a plan to keep the Cardinal moniker for at least five years?

The Cardinal has ascended. So, same character, but now an official Papa.
I wonder if, as the world is getting darker, Tobias was growing tired of doing the comedic Cardinal character and all the shenanigans with Papa Nihil and Sister. He's already said the next record will be much heavier. I thought this Papa mask was a little elite in the realm of a French royal or something at first, but I've seen pics where, when the red lights hit it from floor lamps, it looks like a gaping serpent's maw. Pretty fkkn evil and awesome.
But, another take going around is that it's a rat skull, since Copia has been connected to a plague story. So, maybe now he is the bringer of the plague?
Love this stuff.

Back