Ghost

52/365
Ghost_-_Prequelle_%28album%29.jpg

Prequelle - Ghost

Ashes - An ominous introduction occurs with the band coming into play a really strong introduction - 8/10

Rats - The first true song on the album transitions from the introduction, balancing their brand of poppy metal perfectly Ghost delivers a strong upbeat rock trap. The solo section is really well done - 10/10

Faith - A heavy beat is quickly established, the band sounds amazing, the lyrics take a bit to get properly used to but when you do the song is good - 8.5/10

See The Light - The organ sound which sounds exactly like the chorus of Life Eternal introduces a slower song, the song overall doesn't really jive to me. But it is a decent track - 7/10

Miasma - An extended instrumental track, with a overall feel to it, Although I feel like it could have been a wicked and epic track with vocals the instrumental does a great job. -8.5/10

Dance Macabre - Unbelievably catchy, great groove, another amazing Ghost song; The consistent beat throughout the song drives the song onwards and the guitar work really jives with the vocals. - 10/10

Pro Memoria - Very orchestrated beginning into piano with Tobias singing to Lucifer, this track doesn't quite jive with me but overall it does fill Ghost's style completely. -7/10

Witch Image - I jump back into the Ghost stream on this song, alternating between subdued verses and heavier chorus'. This song is really well put together, the vocals mesh super well with the band. - 9/10

Helvetesfonster - Another instrumental piece, I have to say I think this album would have been good with just 2 but don't know which of the 3 to drop/switch up. The flute really works well with the band, you can tell they thought through its usage just as much as they do with vocals and the band. Overall a solid instrumental - 7.5/10

Life Eternal - I really like this track, it works super well especially as a closing track although I do have to say the way the previous track ends would be an excellent way to end the album. - 10/10

Overall 85%

Sep. 13 - Rabobank Theatre, Bakersfield, CA
Sep. 14 - Reno Events Center, Reno, NV
Sep. 16 - Theater of the Clouds at Moda Center, Portland, OR
Sep. 17 - Toyota Center, Kennewick, WA
Sep. 19 - WaMu Theatre, Seattle, WA
Sep. 20 - Pacific Auditorium, Vancouver, BC
Sep. 21 - So. Okanagan Events Centre, Penticton, BC
Sep. 24 - The Corral, Calgary, AB
Sep. 26 - Spokane Arena, Spokane, WA
Sep. 27 - Taco Bell Arena, Boise, ID
Sep. 28 - Maverik Center, West Valley City, UT*
Sep. 30 - Budweiser Events Center at The Ranch, Loveland, CO
Oct. 01 - Broadmoor World Arena, Colorado Springs, CO
Oct. 03 - Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls, SD
Oct. 04 - Scheels Arena, Fargo, ND*
Oct. 05 - The Armory, Minneapolis, MN
Oct. 07 - Resch Center, Green Bay, WI
Oct. 14 - DeltaPlex Arena, Grand Rapids, MI
Oct. 19 - Cross Insurance Arena, Portland, ME
Oct. 21 - DCU Center, Worcester, MA
Oct. 22 - The Oncenter, Syracuse, NY
Oct. 24 - GIANT Center, Hershey, PA
Oct. 25 - Cure Insurance Arena, Trenton, NJ
Oct. 26 - Cool Insuring Arena, Glens Falls, NY

Here you go North American Ghost fans. Works well for you I think, @Collin.

Well I'm 100% in for Spokane. Massive no-brainer there. I may actually do Kennewick too though. It's only a two hour drive and it falls perfectly on my days off.

What a bullshit presale. Entered my code once, released my seats and my code was no longer active. I called up the customer support line and they told me there were no presales active.

Presale for west coast starts in an hour. I already bought my tickets. I managed to get 6th row on the side. I'm pretty close to the stage.

I have a family friend that works in the movie studios down in LA. He’s working on a video for Ghost tomorrow. He doesn’t know what song it is.
I'm going to guess it is Life Eternal, as that is a song they have been playing (along with Rats and Dance Macabre) during TV appearances as if it were a single. (Plus, as players in the Ghost Survivor know, I think it's the best song on the new album, and it was a highlight of the live show at the Forum last fall.) Will be curious if your friend is willing and able to update you after the video shoot.

Too bad they are not coming back to LA on this tour -- Bakersfield doesn't count -- as I would see them again. One of the best live shows I've ever seen. I find it interesting that they are completely avoiding the American South on this tour. Perhaps they are worried the Satanic imagery/lyrics would be problematic in that area of the country.

He didn’t know what song it was. He’s been to Ghost too. So my thoughts are... New Song?? Probably an EP if anything. Just speculation though

Back