General Iron Maiden discussion

Siddharth

Long Distance Trooper
Whenever I look at the homepage that someone has posted in the 'News, Links and Interviews' section, the first thought that comes to mind is, "wait, can it be about the new album!?" then turns out there is a random discussion going on. Not to mention, even Bruce's solo thread at times turns into a debate regarding "which reunion album is the best" and "how are the production values on Fear Of The Dark", LOL! So, for that matter, this thread is concerned about whichever topic you feel that doesn't require a new thread and may be out of context elsewhere.

To begin with, those who follow Rick Beato (Youtuber), have you guys ever wondered how he hardly mentions Maiden in his videos? I really like his "What makes this song great" series and always thought Maiden will show up eventually. But its yet to happen! In many other videos, he missed a great chance to credit Maiden or invite any of the band's members.

To begin with, those who follow Rick Beato (Youtuber), have you guys ever wondered how he hardly mentions Maiden in his videos? I really like his "What makes this song great" series and always thought Maiden will show up eventually. But its yet to happen! In many other videos, he missed a great chance to credit Maiden or invite any of the band's members.
Pretty sure he included “Where Eagles Dare” in the drum fill video, and one of their songs in the dual guitar video.

there is a random discussion going on. Not to mention, even Bruce's solo thread at times turns into a debate regarding "which reunion album is the best" and "how are the production values on Fear Of The Dark", LOL!
Let's wait a while and see how that thread turns into a general debate regarding the booze prices at the Cart & Horses pub or something like that.

This year marks 40 years since Powerslave, they should release remastered double album. Get Derek Riggs to draw Eddie images for the middle section of gatefold and new inner sleeves.

This year marks 40 years since Powerslave, they should release remastered double album. Get Derek Riggs to draw Eddie images for the middle section of gatefold and new inner sleeves.
Double album? I would love some more video footage (or live versions ofc, they have for sure from all tours) from this tour for the various songs (if they have in the vault) or if they have any leftover material (really doubtful, maybe for SIT). I want unreleased stuff/b-sides (if they have) from all albums. They should have more since 1992/1995 or even more since the Reunion.

Come to think of it, I'd love a reissue of all albums in a CD Book version with brand new arts (with Eddie and/or just for the theme of the songs) in the booklets or in general with the Eddie from the album. That would be so cool and I think it's a missed opportunity that they didn't do this for every album (their remastered variants).

I'm not a big fan of the art style for the POM comic and some of the Eddies (like for Eagles, Revelations or Land; nice ideas for Sun, Fire, Still Life and Boots), but I'd like to have new art for Losfer Words (?), Flash, Duellists, Village and especially Mariner (btw, if Maiden will play it live again, I feel the backdrop with Eddie will be amazing; like for Land). It's something.

Moonchild should totally make a comeback as the opening song on their live shows.
I really don't want it. Something rarer, please. But Moonchild has a chance since it is from SSOASS and is a memorable opener.
I think it's time for Be Quick Or Be Dead to return (the opener from a live album yet/left to return), after the return of CSIT. I also prefer Futureal over it. If next year's tour is Hits/or anniv theme, the opener will be curious.

Let's see: I doubt Tailgunner. Aces, Caught, Eagles, Wicker Man and the other Reunion songs too. Prowler? Doubtful again.

Can we recall Maiden songs which have parts with unusual/odd time signatures? I will say Isle Of Avalon is surely in there.

Back