GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
The queensryche survivor as boring. I hosted it and only did the albums up until promised land. Only 3 people played.

If others feel that way I can hold off for a bit. There are quite a few going currently.

Well, Dio will be done soon and the Bruce one isn't too intensive because of the smaller range of material, but I'm currently throwing all of my attention on Dream Theater and yet still have that incredible bear of the Amorphis survivor to contend with, so I'm all for waiting.

However, we're also veering into dangerous territory with new Sabaton and Opeth albums coming out within 2 months time, just begging for future survivors.

EDIT: Nvm, just saw that those are both future NP survivors. Personally, I'd love to wait on Steven Wilson (as I am interested in listening) until Dio and Amorphis are done. However, if others are interested in starting, I'm totally fine with you forging ahead.

Iron Maiden Guitar Solos and Alice in Chains will be done soon too. And the Survivor Schedule thread has Cheesevivor listed Is that still being played???

I think once Dio, guitar solos, and aiC end, that would be a good time to start.

It's up to you. I stopped participating in both the Amorphis and the AiC survivor, since my preference for the bands faded a bit in the meantime (I tend to move in cycles, you see) and I cannot bring myself to listening to them as much as necessary... I will definitely participate in the Opeth survivor and will do the DT one until the bitter end and the PT/SW one will finally force me to listen to them in proper, so I'm looking forward to it... but whenever you guys are ready :)

I agree, there are a lot of survivors at the mo. I can't even keep up with the Amorphis and Dream Theater ones, which I fully intended to participate in

@Mosh: Yeah, I honestly feel Stevie starting now would be a bit overwhelming. Didn't wanna complain because it's been delayed too long and it's mostly overwhelming for others, I'd still vote since I'm a no-life Survivor voter :p So yeah, maybe wait a bit until the schedule is clearer. From what I can see, in a couple of weeks only Amorphis (finals with no new additions), DT and Bruce will be running; AiC, Dio, Solos and Maiden albums should all be done. So maybe start then? @MrKnickerbocker

And speaking of subforum updates, I've been merging old one-thread-per-round Survivors for the last couple of days. They clog the search results (when I want to find the Iced Earth thread I used to get 100 threads from Forum Games). Subforum went from 120+ pages to 69 :D

BTW, new Devin Townsend album in September. Maybe a survivor to go with that if there aren't too many going on? There was enough interest for it.

Had an interesting idea for a survivor. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains are undoubtedly the big four of Grunge. What if we had a Grungevivor??? We would run 3 more survivors for the rest of the bands since AiC is already in progress. Then combine the results, lets say the top 10 from each band into one survivor game. The number one song would be the best grunge song ever. (according to us)
There is a lot of stuff running or in the works right now. But it was just a cool thought I had.

Had an interesting idea for a survivor. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Alice in Chains are undoubtedly the big four of Grunge. What if we had a Grungevivor??? We would run 3 more survivors for the rest of the bands since AiC is already in progress. Then combine the results, lets say the top 10 from each band into one survivor game. The number one song would be the best grunge song ever. (according to us)
There is a lot of stuff running or in the works right now. But it was just a cool thought I had.

Now that you talk about it - have we actually ever had a Big 4-vivor?

I'm all for it! I'd also consider throwing Stone Temple Pilots into the mix as well.

Back