Game Of Thrones

Here are my bets:

1. Brienne, Tormund, Jaime, Hound, Jorah and Theon all have their character arcs completed. Each of them can die a heroic death and come to a satisfying close.
2. I half expect Dany to sacrifice herself to save Jon's life, probably dragging the Night King with her. She loves Jon and can't live without him, she knows she has no claim to the Iron Throne, it sort of sets itself up.
3. Arya is a possibility. Alternatively, maybe Sansa dies and Arya takes her place.
4. If Dany dies and Jon survives, there's no need for Tyrion to survive, because Sam would become King's Hand. So he's a possibility. If so, we'll probably see everyone who was present at the fireplace die. However, the fact that Bran told him his story might mean he'll survive to become the chronicler of the story.
5. Bran will live long enough to see the Night King die and then becomes one with the Force or something.
6. If there weren't another five episodes after the battle, I'd expect Cersei to show up with the cavalry at the end of the battle and claim victory for herself, but she's probably going to stay in King's Landing.

Last edited:
Maybe we should use this instead:

l5wsrgyc19e21.jpg

However, I'm going to drop my pet theory just in case it actually happens and I can brag about it:

Arya will somehow end up on the Iron Throne.

Jon: Alive
Sansa: Alive
Arya: Alive
Bran: Dead
Cersei: Dead
Jaime: Alive
Tyrion: Alive
Daenerys: Alive
Yara: Alive
Theon: Dead
Melisandre: Dead
Jorah: Dead
The Hound : Alive
The Mountain: Dead
Samwell: Alive
Gilly: Alive
Sam (child) : Alive
Varys: Alive
Brianne: Dead
Davos: Dead
Bronn: Alive (will disobey Cersei's orders)
Podrick: Alive:
Tormund: Dead
Grey Worm: Alive
Gendry: Alive
Beric : Dead
Euron: Dead

Daenerys is pregnant.
Arya will kill the night king, I predict Nymeria will come back and could play a roll.
Jon will take the throne.

Edit: I don't think anyone will become a white walker. All of the white walkers will die when the Night King is killed. It's possible someone may become a white walker, but it would only be for a little while and they would just end up dying.

Last edited:
Detailed predictions:
Jon: Alive
Sansa: Alive
Arya: Dead
Bran: White Walker
Cersei: Alive
Jaime: Dead
Tyrion: Alive
Daenerys: Dead
Yara: Alive
Theon: Dead
Melisandre: White Walker
Jorah: Dead
The Hound : Akive
The Mountain: Dead
Samwell: Dead
Gilly: Dead
Sam (child): Dead
Varys: Alive
Brianne: Dead
Davos: Alive
Bronn: Alive
Podrick: Dead
Tormund: Dead
Grey Worm: Dead
Gendry: Dead
Beric: Dead
Euron: Dead

Daenerys is not pregnant.
Bran will kill the night king
Jon will take the throne.

I accidentally clicked this thread. Thank god you're all using spoilers! I'm currently rewatching the series from the beginning (I'm about to start season two, episode three) because I dropped off around season 5 or something the last time, so there's a lot I haven't seen yet!

I accidentally clicked this thread. Thank god you're all using spoilers! I'm currently rewatching the series from the beginning (I'm about to start season two, episode three) because I dropped off around season 5 or something the last time, so there's a lot I haven't seen yet!
Just for fun, would you like to submit a list of the characters you think will make it to the last season? ;)

Much better episode than last week. I didn't mind it being quieter as we're building up to something huge in the next episode, I think this episode had an amazing sense of dread. I don't have a whole list of death predictions, it's kinda 50/50 between characters who have outlived their use and those who still have stuff to do, but I do think that...

When Tyrion told his little group that they are all survivors he basically branded everyone who isn't named Lannister as "dead meat". He and Jaime have unfinished business with Cersei and now Bronn's been given orders to kill them both so something's gotta happen with that. I think Tormund has been on borrowed time since they went beyond the Wall. Also, he's survived the battles at Hardhome, the Battle of the Bastards and going beyond the wall, three strikes and you're out.

However, I must say that the Arya sex scene was pretty awkward. Isn't she supposed to be like only 14ish years old at this point? o_O

I believe she's 18 or so, but she does look far younger. I agree, I thought it was very awkward and forced. I wondered whether she done it so she might have a child with Baratheon blood.

I did that last time and as far as I remember, I dropped it off precisely around season 5. I re-watched everything until the end of season 7 and it went very smoothly this time and kept my interest throughout the whole run.

Let's bet on who dies or lives after the battle.
I was just thinking about that last night.

Starting with the most likely to die, I think Grey Worm, Ser Jorah, The Hound, and Theon will all bite the dust next week.

The following characters I'd place together in a highly likely to die category. I don't think all of them will die, but at least 2-3 surely will: Brienne, Tormund, Beric Dondarrion, Davos, Gendry, Podrick.

I also think Jaime will inevitably die, but not next week. He will be the one to kill Cersei, which would bring his character arc full circle, and also fulfill the valonqar prophecy.

And Finally, How about Dolorous Edd for King of the Seven Kingdoms? Because fuck it, why not? :p

My only prediction is that:
Dany will murder Jon Snow. Maybe not in the next episode (i.e., during the Battle of Winterfell). But eventually. Most likely in the penultimate episode.

Man, I’m glad I finally caught up. After the major lame blockbuster stuff in S7, these first two episodes were a breath of fresh air. Imagine that: a show that gave us tons of characters to care about is great when those characters interact!

Episode 1 was alright, had some great moments (mostly Sam and Arya). Episode 2 was just a delight. I have no qualms with the Arya sex scene, despite it just being weird because we’ve seen her as an actual child.

However, I'm going to drop my pet theory just in case it actually happens and I can brag about it:

Arya will somehow end up on the Iron Throne.

I could believe that, except I don’t think she’d care much. Unless:

I believe she's 18 or so, but she does look far younger. I agree, I thought it was very awkward and forced. I wondered whether she done it so she might have a child with Baratheon blood.

I don’t think Arya cares enough about the power to rule to seduce someone to get a royal baby. If Gendry survives, however, AND Arya is pregnant...we’ve got a Stark and a Baratheon up for throne with a little heir.

My main predictions for deaths:
- Brienne is gone.
- Tormund is gone, but not yet (he’ll mourn for Brienne and Jaime will tell him to shut up).
- Beric and The Hound are gone, the latter while sacrificing himself for someone else (probably Arya).
- Jorah is gone, Sam retrieves his family sword off his dead body.
- Bran will die supernaturally, somehow tied to/responsible for the Night King’s destruction.
- Cersei will die at Jaime’s singular hand after she commits another heinous act and reveals that she’s lying about the baby.

I don’t think Arya cares enough about the power to rule to seduce someone to get a royal baby.

Nor me, really. I was just trying to find some way of justifying a scene I found so awkward.

Been reading some theories about the next episode, here's a few I think will/would like to see happen:

• The Hound dies, Beric gives his life to revive him. Hound overcomes his pyrophobia and wields the fiery sword. He kills the Mountain with it later in the series.
  • The Red Woman returns with an army. As she said she would die in Winterfell, she dies.
  • The dead Starks in the Crypt are revived, but under Bran the Builder's magic they fight against the Night King. This is the closest the show will go to having Lady Stoneheart appear. Doesn't make the most sense as everyone down there is mostly dust or decapitated, but I felt there was too much insistence on the Crypts being "safe" for nothing to happen down there.
  • Alternatively, as everyone said the crypts were the safest place to be, that means they're clearly not and everyone down there is slaughtered, possibly by the revived Starks.
  • An important character, or maybe a dragon (or an important character with a dragon), slays one of the wight Giants.
  • Ser Jorah dies to save his Khaleesi. A fitting end for him, but this is the death that will hit me hardest. I like Jorah.
  • The Night King is killed, the war against Cersei is the main story now. Doesn't seem to be much reason to go to King's Landing if Bran is his target, plus we've only got three episodes after this. Gotta wrap it all up.
  • Jon, Dany, Jaime, Tyrion, Sansa, Ayra and Bran all live. Everyone else is 50/50.

Last edited:
Nor me, really. I was just trying to find some way of justifying a scene I found so awkward.

Been reading some theories about the next episode, here's a few I think will/would like to see happen:

• The Hound dies, Beric gives his life to revive him. Hound overcomes his pyrophobia and wields the fiery sword. He kills the Mountain with it later in the series.
  • The Red Woman returns with an army. As she said she would die in Winterfell, she dies.
  • The dead Starks in the Crypt are revived, but under Bran the Builder's magic they fight against the Night King. This is the closet the show will go to having Lady Stoneheart appear. Doesn't make the most sense as everyone down there is mostly dust or decapitated, but I felt there was too much insistence on the Crypts being "safe" for nothing to happen down there.
  • Alternatively, as everyone said the crypts were the safest place to be, that means they're clearly not and everyone down there is slaughtered, possibly by the revived Starks.
  • An important character, or maybe a dragon (or an important character with a dragon), slays one of the wight Giants.
  • Ser Jorah dies to save his Khaleesi. A fitting end for him, but this is the death that will hit me hardest. I like Jorah.
  • The Night King is killed, the war against Cersei is the main story now. Doesn't seem to be much reason to go to King's Landing if Bran is his target, plus we've only got three episodes after this. Gotta wrap it all up.
  • Jon, Dany, Jaime, Tyrion, Sansa, Ayra and Bran all live. Everyone else is 50/50.
I think your first three points are spot on and make a lot of sense.

The one about the crypt seems to be very popular online. Clearly, something is bound to happen there, but this? I don't know...

This episode is around 80 minutes, if I wanted to see it before I have to leave for work I'd need to start watching around 5:30AM. I just don't know if I can put myself through that on a Monday morning. :S

Back