1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fortunes of War

Discussion in 'The X Factor' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is Fortunes of War on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

18.9%
  2. 9

8.1%
  3. 8

32.4%
  4. 7

18.9%
  5. 6

8.1%
  6. 5

2.7%
  7. 4

2.7%
  8. 3

8.1%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Taker

Taker Cannon Fodder

Re: Daily Song: Fortunes of War

6 out of 10... This is actually a pretty cool tune, but Bayley's vocal is the low point of this one for me. The song itself is stong... great guitars...

2. Prowler_108

Prowler_108 Trooper

I used to dislike this one quite a bit, but it's grown on me a lot.  A solid 8.

3. Jupz

Jupz Ancient Mariner

This for me, it goes along with the album but nothing standout for me :)

4. Dr. Eddies Wingman

Dr. Eddies Wingman Brighter than thousand_suns

Oh, and by the way: Great solos.

5. Abas

Abas Trooper

This song gets a perfect 10 of 10 for me... I haven't got anything to say that has already been said in this thread.

6. mckindog

mckindog Living for Sanctuary from the law Staff Member

Henri Richard to the Maurice Richard that is Afraid to Shoot Strangers (Canadian Maidenfans and Onhell will get the reference). It shares most of the qualities that make its big brother so outstanding, but you really have to pay attention to notice. Study it enough and you’ll fall in love. Study it a little more and you’ll be forced to admit this sequel lacks that star quality that defined its predecessor. Like its protagonist, this song is slow to find its way. Another good, not great piece, and therefore a seven. PS: Love the heavy guitar sound when the martial beat kicks in at 2:00. Wish TXF used that more often.

7. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Cool term.

8. Albie

Albie Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.

I have that boot somewhere, I'll have to dig it out.

9. national acrobat

national acrobat Ancient Mariner

A powerful song, with moving lyrics. 7/10

I have the Warsaw gig from this tour, and Fortunes of War sounds very good live, as it does seem to gain added power from somewhere.

10. Babo 91

Babo 91 Nomad

nickos drumming is fucking incredible on this track. fastest footwork ever. great track

8/10

11. Forostar

23 votes, and only 1 nine (me, and I was the first who voted, after LC!) :)

That's pretty awkward when there are more tens and eights. Looks like I have a bloody unique taste (kidding  :D ).

12. The Mid-Distance Runner

The Mid-Distance Runner Climb like a lemur!!

Steve's incredible bass playing is on display during this melancholic number. He is in top form throughout TXF both in song writing and performance. His production was a little too clean. All the boys deliver on this number.

8 - just to be different to Forostar.

13. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

Strong 8. Good lyrics, melancholic intro, heavy verse riffs, but i'm not too fond of the gallop part.

14. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

A bit of a weaker song for me and Blaze's vocal performance isn't the greatest, but I still enjoy listening to it. 7/10

15. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

One of my least favorites. The over repetitiveness of that transition from the slow section to the less-slow section is way too much. 6/10

16. Vap

Vap Ancient Mariner

After three awesome songs, Fortunes of War is a big disappointment. Very repetitive with a good bass and solos. 7/10

17. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Wow there's a lot antipathy for this song. I like this song very much. Amazing dark intro. I like the sounds of the bass throughout the song. Great lead guitar melodies, great atmosphere. And a fantastic solo. Blaze's performance isn't the best of him but overall, great song. 9/10.

18. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

I like this song, but it has its flaws. Some parts are overrepeated, and its beginning is a little boring. Fast part makes up for it. If Iron Maiden ever decides to play a medley, I want them to do the 04:39 - 06:13 part. Also, that part reminds of The Talisman. 7/10.

19. Forostar

As long as you realize which song had it first.  ;)

20. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

I know, but the meaning is the same :)