Flight of Icarus

How good is Flight of Icarus on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Steve is the leader of this song. Solos are great, but the vocals are so high for me. However, it still deserves a 10. 10/10

A nice, straightforward and simple song that wins a lot live... as Jonszat said, this would have been the better "Wrathchild". It's a good song to get you pumped, although it may not do too much else. But then, does every song have to? 8/10.

9 out of 10... LOVE THAT RIFF! As relatively uncomplicated as this tune is, the powerful opening grabs me and shakes me and doesn't let go... every time. I find that high volume levels are a requirement to fully appreciate this one. This was the first song I learned to play off POM... :shred:

Re: Daily Song: Flight of Icarus

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Even though it's a simpler rocker, I absolutely love this song and really wish Maiden would put it in their live set. 9/10.

A fun song. Used to be my favorite song when I was younger, and I used to think the line was "To ashes his Brain!" Given the whole lobotomy thing and the brain bit in the musical video. Today I still enjoy it, I like to play it on guitar, but I don't go out of my way to listen to it either. Like most of the Piece Of Mind album (which was on repeat constantly when I was younger) this song brings back good memories. 9/10

As opposed to Revelations which is better when played faster, this one is better when played slower. Used to be one of my favorite songs, so I carved the chorus into a table in high school. 10/10.

7. Track of this simplicity must be really catchy and total hit to make it up to 8 or 9. I don't feel like chorus is on that level, the doubled high-pitch singing is a bit corny.

9/10

One of the first songs that really grabbed me as I was discovering Maiden. Powerful vocals from Bruce (the "Let it go!" on Live After Death is brilliant too), and some stunning solos. When Dave starts mangling that B string from 3:19 on I usually get a strong mental image of Icarus flapping wildly as he drops.

It's very simplistic for a Maiden song, but damn if I don't love every second of it. It could almost be a Dio song, musically. That last unison? Incredible.

I never really cared for this song, I'm not sure why really now that I look back. I haven't been able to get this song out of my head the last few weeks. It is straight forward, but it is just a great song. Glad I finally warmed up to it!

This song is classic. The chorus is just way too damn catchy to not love it. It makes me feel like i'm actually Icarus flying around. That alone earns it a 10/10.

Not totally sold on this one. The chorus don't do that much for me, and I have some difficulties for Bruce's Performance though out the song.
But the solos are good, and I like the lyrics. The outro is really cool to, when the guitars blend into the vocals.

7/10

Simple and effective. A great little track that can sustain many repeated listens. I give it a...

9/10

Back