Flash of the Blade

How good is Flash of the Blade on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
ill go to 7/10, a bit of a generic song... the way its delivered is great but nothing stands out so ill put it on my standard maiden mark 7/10

8/10

I don't think of this one as filler at all. Simple but effective intro riff, chugging verses and a melodic chorus. They all work for me, and that intricate instrumental section is tremendous.

Flash of the Blade really is one of the precursors to Power metal. Great cover by Rhapsody.

Rhapsody have lots of riffs that are similar to the opening of Flash Of The Blade.

A7X version is OK, but brings nothing new, and the vocals are weak.

A personal favorite of mine (Possibly because I'm a fencer though), with fantastic guitar work and lyrics by Bruce. I considered giving it a 9, but reluctantly concluded that overall, the song is not the equal of Aces High or Two Minutes To Midnight, which I gave nines, so a strong eight it is. 8/10.

EDIT: I'm officially an idiot for not giving this more listens before voting. 9/10 worthy without a doubt.

Oh, the bass is fantastic, so is some of the guitar work, but I'm a stickler for vocals. If I don't like the melody or the lyrics, I just can't like a song. Unfortunately, Bruce tanks this one.

It's solid. Not the best thing I've ever listened to but it's definitely not a filler. The riff does get annoying eventually though.

6/10

This song was a single?!?!

cFmIYAE.jpg

ZUD4RnG.jpg

I've never heard of that, and I would be very cautious about it. Smells like a fake to me.

Back