Five years later: The Final Frontier revisited

Five years later, what do you think of the Final Frontier

• Total voters
I don't think that Maiden put that much thought in their concepts. The medieval melody on the title track - which is a reuse of the HBTN melody - gave birth to a castle photo session and that was about it.

I don't think that Maiden put that much thought in their concepts. The medieval melody on the title track - which is a reuse of the HBTN melody - gave birth to a castle photo session and that was about it.

I don't think they set out to theme their songs in this way, but I do think there's a certain amount of branding, either taking shape while they're writing, or immediately afterwards.

Edit: otherwise, the general theme in any given album could be 'war, death, religion and shit'.

I don't think they set out to theme their songs in this way, but I do think there's a certain amount of branding, either taking shape while they're writing, or immediately afterwards.

Edit: otherwise, the general theme in any given album could be 'war, death, religion and shit'.

Somehow I think we agree

Actually janick was inspired to write that melody by a scene in Ingmar Bergman's film "the seventh seal".

Weather or not maiden "put much thought into their concepts" or not, they continue to nail the music/theme pairings better than anyone. It is one of many brilliant aspects of the band that set them apart, IMO.
It is fairly obvious that the music and the artwork are inspired by each other. Along with the titles and tour names, stage props etc. .. Why is this being questioned? Maiden does this brilliantly. Maybe the next album will be called: "Devils' Advocate" :devil2:

This is quite absurd. :D How, in this world, DoD can be above SSOASS, Powerslave, killers, IM, and yes, even TNOTB? Without considering AMOLAD and BNW...
When considering the first 7 and most recent 4 albums, I think I'd honestly put 7th Son at 11 out of 11. I find it's the album I'm often the least motivated to listen to.

Shoot, I've listened to all 4 90's albums more recently than 7th Son.

Listened to The Final Frontier multiple times over the weekend. I still dig it a lot, I'm just glad that the new record appears to have a much different flow. I can't help but still feel that TFF is like 2 different albums in one. The rocking songs (1-5) and the epic stuff (6-10).

7th son is an outstanding album. So are the reunion albums. Personally I have DOD and 7th son neck and neck. Piece of mind and poweslave are 1/2 with 7th son & DOD 3/4.....

I think that the last minute of TMWWBK is one of the best music bits Maiden ever created.

Back