First Maiden song heard

Rime of the ancient mariner - My high school English teacher played it for us in class because we were studying it. She said "Here is a band my son likes. He told me to play it for you." i was hooked. That was like 15 years ago? (holy crap!)

Funnily enough, the first time I recall hearing any Maiden music was back when I was young child, long before I became a fan of Maiden, or even knew who they were! :p

My first (unknowing) exposure to Maiden music, was seeing this tv advert for Lucozade featuring Daley Thompson:

Years later, whilst listening to "Live After Death" for the first time ever, when the main/opening riff from "Phantom Of The Opera" came on, I clearly remember saying "My god! It's that music from the Daley Thompson Lucozade advert!" haha xD

Honestly 2 years ago, I cant remember, but I was watching Metal Mania I always listened to The Trooper Run to the Hills and Number of the Beast because they were probably some of the best stuff on there. One day I heard The Trooper being played in the living room live on Tv. It was part of Death on the Road on HD net. The next song Dance of Death and paschendale got me into Iron Maiden and its a reason for me liking Dance of Death the album
Songs played only
Wildest Dreams
The Trooper
Dance of Death
Pashcendale
Iron Maiden
Journeyman
Run To the Hills

The first Maiden song I heard was Fear of the Dark. It was 1994, I think and I saw the live version from Donington on MTV. Then I borrowed the album Fear of the Dark from a classmate and got hooked. I asked her if she had any other Maiden albums I could listen to and she lent me Iron Maiden and Killers. That was the start of it, really. She's not into Maiden anymore, hasn't been since school, but here I am 18 years later. :)

I haven't posted in this thread yet, weird, I thought I have.

Been a fan since early 2009.

First song heard: Fear of the Dark - Rock in Rio version - 2009
First album heard: The Number of the Beast - 2009
First Album bought: The Final Frontier - 2010
First Live album: Live After Death - 2010
First album bought on release day: The Final Frontier - 2010
First concert: The Final Frontier World Tour, June 2011, Istanbul
First shirt: A Somewhere Back in Time t-shirt - 2010
Song learned: If the majority but not all of it, then Dance of Death on guitar. If from start to finish, then The Clairvoyant on bass. - 2010/2011

Apparently I haven't either!

I likely heard others before, but the first song I definitely heard and knew it was maiden - Run to the Hills on TV in around 2002. I remember seeing the video and thinking that was exactly what I expected at the name "Iron Maiden"... the long hair, and Bruce's big studded gauntlets. I knew nothing else of the band up till then, although a few years (I didnt listen to music back then as I'd never found anything I liked) before my only 'knowledge' of heavy metal was very mislead... clips of The Who smashing instruments and that was what I thought it was :p

When a friend put on Eddie the Great one day and said it was Iron Maiden my only response was "Oh, aren't those like a really old legendary metal band?" (wierdly.. legendary as in like King Arthur style legend >.> .. something I had heard of, but knew nothing about!) and RTTH/Wicker Man grabbed my attention.

Now...
First album heard in full - Dance of Death (few months after release)
First album bought - BNW/NOTB together (march 2004 ish)
First Live album - Live at Donnington (June 2004ish, remember listening to Donnington/BNW on holiday)
Album bought on release day - AMOLAD
Concert - Early Days tour, Leeds festival.
Shirt - Fear of the Dark cover, bought online in 2004.
Song Learned - um.. attempted learn, RTTH but I was terrible and couldnt do it at all.... so oddly, I learnt Phantom and Losfer Words >.>

The first time I heard Maiden, and knew it was them (unlike the Lucozade ad a few years earlier! :p), was hearing "Can I Play With Madness" (in 1988, the time of the single's release) on the Radio 1 UK Top 40 that was on every Sunday. To my very young ears, it was a revelation, as up until that moment, I'd really only liked mainstream chart music, mainly pop. lol That, and then hearing "The Evil That Men Do" later in the year on the same chart show, was what started the process that weaned me off pop music, and forging a love for Maiden, and later, metal music in general.

Okay then, more Maiden firsts!

First album heard in full - Live After Death (1989)
First studio album heard in full - 7th Son Of A 7th Son (1989)
First album bought - No Prayer For The Dying (1990)
First album bought on release day - Fear Of The Dark
First time seeing Maiden live - 21st May 1993 Glasgow SECC (A Real Live Tour)
Shirt - Fear Of The Dark cover and Bass Playing Eddie (both bought at the above show)
First Maiden Song learned on guitar - I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was very likely Aces High.

First album heard in full - Virtual XI.​
First Live album heard in full - Live After Death​
First album bought - Brave New World.​
First album bought on release day - Brave New World.​
First time seeing Maiden live - Brave New Tour - August 27, 2000 St. Paul - Roy Wilkinson Auditorium.​
Shirt - Um...... I think it was a Piece of Mind shirt or Seventh Son.​
First Maiden Song learned on guitar - I think it was either Wicker Man or Number of the Beast.​

First song heard, Hallowed Be Thy Name[2011]
First album heard in full, Somewhere in Time[2011]
First live album heard in full, En Vivo![2012]
First album bought, The Final Frontier[2011]
First album bought on release day, En Vivo![2012]
First time seeing Maiden live, June 23rd 2012 (Maiden England North American Tour)
Shirt, Can I Play With Madness (Bought at the show above)
First Maiden Song learned on guitar, Blood Brothers

First Song Heard, Idk Either Trooper Or Number of the Beast. On Guitar Hero So Idk
First album heard in full, A Matter of Life and Death 2012
First Live Album Heard in Full, Death on the Road, The one on the HD NET That Featured 6 songs, But if that Doesnt Count, FLIGHT 666 2010
First Album Bought. From Fear to Eternity 2011, Studio Album was 7th son 2012
First Time Seeing Maiden, About To On the 29th
Shirt, None Yet, Planning To Buy 3
First Song Learned On Guitar, Dance of Death Onlythe Intro, If Full Song Talisman, Recently Same With Killers

First Song - Number of the Beast - Guitar Hero III - 2009
First Album heard - Final Frontier - 2010
First Live Album heard- Live After Death - 2011
First Album bought - Somewhere Back in Time 2010
First Album bought on release day En Vivo - 2012
First Show - Never been to a Maiden show :(
Shirt - Number of the Beast - 2012
First Song - Learned Murders in Rue Morgue, and Brave New World intro.

It appears I haven't played yet

First song heard and first single-song video seen: Invaders, first music video was either The Trooper or Flight of Icarus

First full album heard:
Number of the Beast, 2003

First album bought:
Killers, 2008, maybe earlier
First album bought on release day:
The Final Frontier

First full-length video seen:
Rock in Rio, 2003 or 2004
First video purchased:
Raising Hell

First vinyl: Powerslave, Maiden Japan, and Can I Play With Madness (all at the same time)
First cassette: none
First CD: Powerslave

First release bought multiple times:
Powerslave

First Maiden concert:
Give Me Ed 2003

First Maiden shirt:
Eddie Rips Up The World Tour shirt
First non-shirt memorabilia:
Some pin thing that I put on my hat in 2003
First non-clothing memorabilia:
Iron Maiden picks I think

For the musicians...
First Maiden song learned: Aces High

My firsts are on page 2.

Since people also tell how they got into Maiden, here's my old (but new to new people) story:

I became hooked during the time of No Prayer For The Dark, or was it Fear of the Dying? Sorry, dumb joke...
Basically, I am saying that I became a huge fan in 1991, the period in between these albums. You could say I'm a rare species on this forum. Most people here became a fan since the "reunion era", since the "golden years", or since the "Blaze years". I am from the often neglected, and imo also often underestimated early nineties period, when Grunge started to take over.

It all started after having heard a recorded cassette of the debut album. I have never been so addicted to new music after hearing this stuff in my walkman. I was completely in another world. The two tracks which totally triggered me were Prowler and Transylvania. The only hard rock I knew and appreciated before that was some Queen (I Want It All), Guns'n'Roses (Appetite for Destruction), Kiss (Alive II) and even Bon Jovi (You Give Love A Bad Name in particular). Also, from the day when it came out until this very moment I'm a huge fan of Beat It by Michael Jackson, which I consider to be a hard rock song.

In 1991 I bought the Live After Death LP-set (2nd hand of course), plus the Sanctuary 12" vinyl single, which I chose because Prowler was the b-side on it. Perhaps I bought the single before LAD, or even both at the same time, can't remember :--/
After LAD I bought two videos: 12 Wasted Years and The First Ten Years. First bought studio albums (also in 1991): Two at the same time: Somewhere in Time & Piece of Mind. I just HAD to buy SIT, because I was totally mesmerized by the fragment of Caught Somewhere in Time that I knew from 12 Wasted Years. Before I bought my first studio albums, I already knew Killers, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (which I both borrowed from a classmate) and the before mentioned debut album.

After this, all went very fast and I purchased all Maiden albums before I witnessed Iron Maiden for the first time ever in concert, 2 September 1992. It was my first concert experience. From that gig, Can I Play With Madness landed on A Real Live One ! After that I tried to see all the Maiden gigs in the Netherlands, I only missed 1993 and 1996.

Keeping it short and sweet, the first Maiden song I can pinpoint hearing was The Wicker Man when it was released.

Quite likely though that I'd heard Run to the Hills or Can I Play with Madness before that.

I found Hallowed Be Thy Name through curiosity and the internet. Never again will I listen to the same song 20+ times in one night.

First song heard:
Hallowed be thy Name

First full album heard:
The Number of the Beast

First album bought:
Piece of Mind, on vinyl

First album bought on release day:
Powerslave

First vinyl:
Piece of Mind

First Maiden concert:
Radio City Music Hall Powerslave tour