First Maiden song heard

Invaders, when I was around 5 years old, sometime in the mid-90's. My father were in the process of educating me in Status Quo, Deep Purple and others when I spotted a cover with a scary zombie in his vinyl collection - I actually remember thinking it was too loud and wild at first, but it grew on me, and for my next birthday he gave me Fear of the Dark on CD. The rest is history :)

Well, my dad has always listened to Maiden, since the '80s, so I also listen to them pretty much since I was born. :D So I can't really remember what was the very first one, ever, though I do remember that "Phantom..." was one of my early favorites. I also remember getting a Powerslave CD for my 5th birthday or so, and the title track was my favorite off the album. Geez, I even remember when Dance of Death came out and I couldn't stop watching the "Wildest Dreams" video (I was 3 or 4 at the time), and around that same time my dad got the Visions of the Beast DVD which I also watched non-stop. "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg" was another one, I was about 7, and I had my dad put it in my MP3 player, along with "Different World", "These Colours Don't Run" and "Brighter Than a Thousand Suns". Gosh, so many memories! I'm getting nostalgic. :(

I couldn't stop watching the "Wildest Dreams" video (I was 3 or 4 at the time),

One or two more years and we'll have people posting here who weren't even born when this board started... :S

Trooper. It was almost my first time listening to metal and it didn't go very well, but it was just a matter of time.

Last edited:
March, 1983. I was 19, in basic training in Ft. Benning, Ga.

I bought a Walkman at the PX, and I cassette of Number Of The Beast.

Invaders.

I was hooked.

Back