fekso

fesko‘s not easy to deal with but he’s a real Maiden fan and belongs to this forum. Banning him was a humourless act of incompetence imo.
Sorry, this forum has some standards of posting. Not in terms of what people like, or what songs they enjoy, but in how they treat other members.

The rules were clearly laid out to him multiple times and he refused to listen..in fact, he promised to change his behavior then immediately reneged, going back to abusive posting. He got extra chances because he made really interesting posts and observation. I'd have loved to have kept that member around. But it came at the cost of turning every thread into a fight.

Your moderation team doesn't tolerate that from anyone. Please be assured that we tried both reasonable posting to resolve the issue, as well as using lesser forms of moderation (he was given official warn points at least twice before his ban). We did this because we believed it to be the best action to maintain the health of our community, just as we opened a thread to discuss the action openly with you for the health of the community.

Well, we could always let the spoiler silliness go :innocent:

I'm sorry, but if we have a hostile bloke who keeps picking fights with other members or mods or at least puts them down and is generally offensive, setlist spoilers should be the least of our concerns.

Last edited:
Sorry, this forum has some standards of posting. Not in terms of what people like, or what songs they enjoy, but in how they treat other members.

The rules were clearly laid out to him multiple times and he refused to listen..in fact, he promised to change his behavior then immediately reneged, going back to abusive posting. He got extra chances because he made really interesting posts and observation. I'd have loved to have kept that member around. But it came at the cost of turning every thread into a fight.

Your moderation team doesn't tolerate that from anyone. Please be assured that we tried both reasonable posting to resolve the issue, as well as using lesser forms of moderation (he was given official warn points at least twice before his ban). We did this because we believed it to be the best action to maintain the health of our community, just as we opened a thread to discuss the action openly with you for the health of the community.
Sorry if I was a bit harsh, I can see you’re trying to do a good job, LC. Still, I really disagree with this ‘moderation process’. I‘m all for manners and modesty, if they apply to everyone (even for certain moderators).

Was that the Blaze meme guy?

Anyway, the complete disregard of the spoiler rules (which he displayed - it wasn't an accident AFAIK) shoud definitely result in a red card. Good call.

Still, I really disagree with this ‘moderation process’.
I'm always interested in feedback on the process, and we consider any serious suggestions duly. Feel free to let me know what suggestions you might make. I can't promise they will be accepted, but I can promise they will be discussed.

I‘m all for manners and modesty, if they apply to everyone (even for certain moderators).
Two things: one, if you have a problem with the attitude of a moderator, then by all means - let another moderator know. You can also email @Jon if you want. If you complain to me about another moderator, it is taken seriously. I can assure you the inverse holds true. I'm not above admitting that I've had my own hand slapped from time to time by other mods or the admin, and that I've tried to learn from my mistakes.

Secondly: this forum once had a problem with moderators ruling from on high and banning by fiat. That really doesn't happen anymore. If I got to ban by fiat, then there are certain members who I would have banned long ago, and I am sure all the mods can say the same about certain people. That's why we have a team - and that's why we have long discussions regarding our members. And if you're thinking "what about this person", I can pretty much assure you that we've had a discussion with them. We might even have warned them behind the scenes to back off on certain things.

Please keep in mind that all members, moderators included, are human. They may get angry or upset or post "off the cuff". Emotions happen. One time Perun deleted his account in a fit of pique. What we ban for is either an egregious violation of civil posting (racism, homophobia, extreme spamming, threats of violence) or a pattern of poor behaviour with intentions to violate rules. In our judgement, fekso fell into the latter category. I don't for a moment believe that he was just "upset" or just "angry" over something. I don't believe that his behaviour came from a place of honest emotion. I believe it came from an intent to try to upset people, to sling insults, to drag conversations away from topics he personally didn't find interesting. If I had to guess, he liked things being all about fekso - either on the topics he enjoyed discussing, or simply by people slinging insults with him. But that's my personal guess.

Further to what LC says, I don't think most members are aware that Fekso had only just returned from a week-long ban when he resumed his previous conduct. I'm not big on bans, in fact I don't think I've previously done anything longer than a few days' breathing space when someone was completely ignoring all spoiler rules re TBOS. I gave Fekso a 7 day ban for a combination of posting spoilers, being dismissive and borderline dishonest about the fact that he'd posted a spoiler, suggesting that mods should clear up spoilers themselves, plus feverish impulsive posting (evidenced both by the antagonism and by many, many deletions and edits) which suggested little self-control. That's especially unwelcome in a high traffic period like the start of a tour, when everyone is hyped, newcomers are gauging what is and isn't acceptable in the community, and when spoilers are particularly unwelcome. I did ask him to use this time out to consider his behaviour and other members' enjoyment of the forum.

this forum once had a problem with moderators ruling from on high and banning by fiat. That really doesn't happen anymore. If I got to ban by fiat, then there are certain members who I would have banned long ago
I can't imagine you driving a fiat anyway.
I did ask him to use this time out to consider his behaviour and other members' enjoyment of the forum.
Sounds like a little kid being sent to the naughty step.

I'm not around as much as I used to be due to a very busy schedule (it's me, not you), so I have no idea what prompted the ban. I do have one question for the mods, though, and it is very important to me....

Is it still OK to make fun of the French??!
:devil:

I'm not around as much as I used to be due to a very busy schedule (it's me, not you), so I have no idea what prompted the ban. I do have one question for the mods, though, and it is very important to me....

Is it still OK to make fun of the French??!
:devil:

It's not OK not to.

Yeah while reading alot of Fekso comments, that guy did not know how to respect other opinions. As a new member I'm glad he is gone because I have some opinion's on Maiden that maybe not everyone agree's with.

Yeah while reading alot of Fekso comments, that guy did not know how to respect other opinions. As a new member I'm glad he is gone because I have some opinion's on Maiden that maybe not everyone agree's with.
Love your avatar by the way!

Back