fekso

Perun

His name struck fear into hearts of men
Staff member
Dear members,

you may or may not have noticed that we banned fekso. He's banned for good and no longer welcome on this board. It was not an easy decision to make, because he did contribute to our board with some interesting posts and discussions and was not a classic troll. However, in the end his negative attitude outweighed his positive contributions. He racked up a number of mostly informal complaints from other members, and there have been several posts directly or indirectly asking for him to be banned.

The problems with fekso were numerous:

1. He kept lashing out at other members, sometimes directly insulting them, and then complaining about the backlash. We all know how he asked for discussions to get back on topic after he derailed them with attacks on other members. Nobody here minds a bit of playful banter, but he took it too far on too many levels.
2. When told by the moderators to change his attitude, he responded by calling them trolls and questioned the legitimacy of the moderator process here. This is despite the fact that other members complained about him and that we pointed out the rules of this board to him, which he agreed to when he registered here.
3. He repeatedly posted setlist and tour spoilers, which in the period of an ongoing tour is a bannable offence, as we are always clear to point out. He did not show any sort of remorse and did not give us the impression that he would refrain from doing so in the future.
4. We gave him a number of slaps on the wrist, including a one-week ban for posting spoilers. He did not show any inclination for even a minuscule change of his attitude.
5. He also returned with duplicate accounts.

We would like to inform you that this ban was not a decision we took on a whim, and there was an extensive prelude to it which involved a number of members who were annoyed and irritated by his behaviour. Nor did we take this step solely because of his attitude towards the moderators. We are always open for constructive criticism and willing to improve our work.

Lots of love,
Your Benevolent Overlords

*miniscule

:ninja:

Edit: Since I no longer trust the sense of humour of this board, I would like to point out that I am not being serious here, nor am I making threats. Thank you.

Last edited:
148obMQ.gif

Your Benevolent Overlords
That's an awesome band name.

Honestly, the trigger was when he started insulting other board members. Regardless of what fekso might have thought, we have pretty thick skins. But whenever someone pointed out that he was being unfair, he immediately started insulting that person.

We ban people extremely rarely at Maidenfans, and we don't like doing it.

I am new to the forum. In this short time I have not had any destructive argument with any of you. Fekso was the only guy who was...hmm...weird.

Because apparently he did not like my defense of Nicko on a subject, he invented quotes on my behalf, and responded to my imagined comments at different topics: for example, I say I want to make love with Blaze, or that I think Nicko makes the best contribution to songwriting in Maiden. Hahahaha.

To me it was funny actually, so I did not feel insulted at all--though some people thought they were my comments. In response, I just sent him a video where Bruce was cursing a bully in the concert. I was not offended, and in fact I enjoy reading his borderline kind of contributions here. That said, I can see how some others may be offended by that.

He is definitely not an easy member to deal with as a moderator. Personally I am a bit sad that we lost one of the radicals here. But as long as he continuously disturbed members, he should face this decision sooner or later.

Could you please show me some of the mentioned "insults" he did?
Want to build my opinion if the said "thick skin" is really thick

I'm not in the least bothered by his insults, but he literally said he would continue posting setlist spoilers, and moderators should delete them if it bothers them. That's like the stupidest thing I've ever read on this forum

Could you please show me some of the mentioned "insults" he did?
Want to build my opinion if the said "thick skin" is really thick

The stuff he directed at mods wasn't so much insults as laughing off, arguing with, and dismissing attempts to keep the board running according to the rules - see frus' example above. As LC says, though, it was the regular combative posting and juvenile retorts aimed at numerous other members that weren't really acceptable, especially when that became targeted at certain individuals. Banter happens, arguments happen, but this isn't a fire-and-forget shouty social media site.

Part of the problem from my POV is that it created a toxic atmosphere in whatever thread this was taking place in. Other people would get riled up and start arguing over silly things without any civility. That sort of thing is even more of a problem when it's a high traffic period with lots of new members/infrequent posters just wanting to talk about the new tour.

Wow. I'm surprised the mods gave him so many slaps on the wrist. I thought this place was run VERY STRICTLY and posting spoilers meant bans with NO EXCEPTIONS. When did the mods ease up?

I think my favourite was how he called the entire moderation team North Americans...uh.......

Back