Votes: 17 13.9%
  • BBC Archives

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Death On The Road

Votes: 9 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for Live After Death. The song list was perfect, the sound was great. It set a new standard for what a live album should be.

I voted for Beast over Hammersmith. The crowd is low in the mix (I know some would consider it bad), they played 6/8 songs of the Number of the Beast and the band sounds so fresh and happy. +Bruce sounds awesome, the only place I've seen his voice being BETTER is at some World Piece Tour gigs.

Live After Death is good, but Bruce doesen't sounds so good. He's more shouting than singing those high notes. I know he has gotten better in his older years, but I still think that his pre-'84 voice is the best.

Beast over Hammersmith for me.
I love everything about it pretty much. The band is pretty tight, and the set list is my favourite one on any live album. Also, the drum sound is really, really goood.

The only thing that annoys me is that Bruce does an intro for nearly every song. Such as "This is a song about an old Medieval instrument of torture....". I don't really think thats neccesary. Although, some of them are good- such as the one for "Killers".

It was hard to choose between Rock in Rio and Live After Death, I voted Rock in Rio beacuse i felt that it was more energetic on the scene and more energetic crowd.
The music was alive, that is what I felt when I saw this concert on DVD.

Beast over Hammersmith, it has all the ingrediants for a great live album!

1) it sounds good
2) Awesome, flawless songs
3) My favorite tour of my favorite album
4) Bruce Dickinson was a hotty

I picked live after death purely because of the way Davey and H play in the instrumental sections of Phantom, Rime and Powerslave, you can really hear(or see, if you watch the video) how well they play together, plus as much as i like Janick, he does spoil alot of the classic solos that H made famous

Does anyone else think its strange that the back cover of a Real live dead one is a photo from what looks like the Maiden England video, filmed 5 years before?

Of course Live After Death is great. But Flight 666 and Rock in Rio is better for me because triple guitar harmonisation is awesome.
Wrathchild_666 said:
Rock In Rio,
For 2 reasons:
1.The Sign Of The Cross
2.The Clansman
Yes, that's great!

Live After Death just has this energy all through the album.
It doesn't have to be all on key, as long as the feeling is right.

After much consideration I have to say that my new favorite is Flight 666.
Maiden are in top form there, everything sounds so amazing.

Trooper solos send chills down my spine everytime! (although I recently learned that H and Janick do the solo together since at least Rock in Rio, And Dave's solo is also the same since then).

It's hard between LAD, RiR and BoH. If Maiden England were here, I would jump on that one immediately.
Let's see, BoH has the best vocals.
LAD has the best guitar.
RiR has the best overall energy.

I'll go with BoH just because of that version of Hallowed. It's amazing.

Live after Death every day of the week and 7 times on Sundays. Although I also really like Donnington 92.

LAD is just awesome, Hallowed, Powerslave, Revelations... everything is pretty much perfect :)

I voted RiR. It has the best setlist in my opinion, the perfect blend of old classics and newer stuff. I would love to see The Clansman and Sign of the Cross stay in the live set.

Plus, it has the best versions of most of the classics: the best Wrathchild, Fear of the Dark, Iron Maiden, The Evil That Men Do and Number of the Beast.

Hallowed Be Thy Name would probably go to DotR, and Run to the Hills would be LaD.

Robbiedbee said:
Plus, it has the best versions of most of the classics: the best Wrathchild, Fear of the Dark, Iron Maiden, The Evil That Men Do and Number of the Beast.

I love ARLO's version of The Evil. Superb drumming, all musicians are very tight, and the song is performed at breakneck speed, something I really find fitting to this song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back