Favorite bands

Aside from Maiden and Bruce, Queensryche are the only band I'm really really passionate about. The three of those regularly switch places in the top three.

Top 5:

Iron Maiden
Guns N' Roses (old and new, I must be the only one who loves the "new version" as much as the old one lol)
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Symphony X
Metallica

Honourable mentions:

Allen/Lande (I didn't put this one in the top 5 because it isn't a "real band", but they recorded one of the best albums I've ever heard)
Megadeth
Dream Theater
Dreyelands (they just released one cd, but i LOVE it lol)
Black Label Society
Pink Floyd
Led Zepellin
Black Sabbath
Rush

Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Black Sabbath
Dio
The Sword
Stryper
Pantera
Led Zeppelin
Deep Purple
Judas Priest
MxPx
Switchfoot
Five Iron Frenzy
Metallica
UFO
Van Halen
Jon Foreman
Thin Lizzy
Boston
Journey
Accept
Bruce Dickinson
Saxon
Queen
Pearl Jam

Reincarnation_Of_Owen_C said:
Both very good bands live. Especially KoRn very interesting band to me and have very fond memories watching them live. Their new album is brilliant aswell!
I'm not a fan of either, but we can all have our opinions  :bigsmile:

It's weird how often you see big fans of Maiden and AC/DC, when they're such different bands. I wonder why that is?

Fatboy said:
'DC have just been so second rate for the last 25 years I'm afraid.

Sorry but you're so very wrong there. AC/DC's mid-late '80s albums were underrated classics. Think of them like Seventh Son and SIT. You just have to give them a chance.

Listen to That's The Way I Wanna Rock N Roll, Shake Your Foundations (the Who Made Who remix), and Who Made Who.

Onun said:
Guns N' Roses (old and new, I must be the only one who loves the "new version" as much as the old one lol)

It's me too!!!
Well, nothing is as good as AFD but I truly love Chinese Democracy.Songs like Better, Street Of Dreams, Catcher in the Rye are among the band's best.Oh and This I Love makes me shiver every time I listen to it.  :D

Suicidehummer said:
It's weird how often you see big fans of Maiden and AC/DC, when they're such different bands. I wonder why that is?

Sorry but you're so very wrong there. AC/DC's mid-late '80s albums were underrated classics. Think of them like Seventh Son and SIT. You just have to give them a chance.

Listen to That's The Way I Wanna Rock N Roll, Shake Your Foundations (the Who Made Who remix), and Who Made Who.

Definitly correct. Flick Of The Switch and Fly On The Wall were brilliant albums in my ears. So underrated. I listen to the mid 80s stuff alot more than Back In Black!

½ right for me there. Flick of the switch is absolutly one of the most underrated and one of my favourites with Brian, not a big fan of fly on the wall though, even if it has a couple of neat sons =)

Cap Maronis said:
This list is just going to include a lot of bands that have meant a lot to me over the years. Also my taste is hyper-eclectic.

1. Devin Townsend
2. Iron Maiden
3. Type O Negative
4. Modest Mouse (Hey now, I'm allowed to like what I like :p)
5. Rush
6. Queens of the Stone Age
7. Judas Priest
8. Dio
9. Strapping Young Lad
10. Bruce Dickinson solo

Modest Mouse is awesome!

iron maiden
stratovarius
sonata arctica
silent voices
pagans mind
iced earth
amon amarth
warmen
megadeth
kreator
wintersun
therion
opeth
dream theater
bruce dickinson
eternal tears of sorrow
my dying bride
katatonia
arch enemy
revolution renaissance
:rocker: :shred: :ninja:

1. Iron Maiden
2. Metallica (old one of course)
3. Megadeth
4. Judas Priest
5. Led Zeppelin
6. Black Sabbath
7. Slayer
8. Bruce Dickinson
9. Dio
10. Dream Theater / Deep Purple / AC/DC

Iron Maiden
Slayer
Faith No More
Pink Floyd
The Beatles
Metallica (Old School)
RHCP
Pearl Jam
Mother Love Bone
Soundgarden
WASP
Kreator
Manowar
Megadeth
Mozart
Hendrix
AC/DC
Misfits
Budgie
REM
& tons of others...not keen on rap or nu metal, listen to pretty much everything else

01. Iron Maiden
02. Megadeth
03. Metallica/Slayer (can't decide)
05. Iced Earth
06. Helloween/Gamma Ray (can't decide)

1. Iron Maiden - fave album Somewhere in Time
2. King Diamond - fave album Voodoo (gotta love the King!)
3. ISIS - fave album Wavering Radiant (shame they split this year but I respect their decision)

Back