Fates Warning

How good is Fates Warning on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
*raises hand*

Yes, one of my favourites of the album. I love the Dave co-written songs on NPFTD, together with Mother Russia they are among the best ones.

Don't forget, there's a special topic reserved for every Maiden album and song.
E.g., this is the one for Fates Warning.
(Most talk is about its name, though.)

Cool! I did not know about those other threads.
It’s so good to see that I’m not the only one who appreciates this song. The bridge is my favorite part of the song. No Prayer is also the first Maiden album I bought after becoming a fan so I guess that is one of the reasons I like it so much.

^ good idea.

I really like this song. It has a Somewhere In Time feel to it, strong lyrics, together with title track and Public Enema Number One forms my top 3 of that particular album.

8 out of 10... I like this tune, with the harmony guitar work being the highlight for me. Dave is shining on this one...

Daily Song: Fates Warning

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Fates Warning

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

Again, not a bad rocker. Listening to it makes me wish I had ranked Public Enema... a little higher, because I have similar thoughts about this song, but it's not as good. The music feels very simple to me, and the solo is good but raw. Not a fan of Bruce's voice at all here, so I am going to give it a 5, but I might adjust that up in the future.

Re: Daily Song: Fates Warning

Like Enema, this is a mostly nondescript track by Maiden standards. But a nice intro and a very tasty solo section elevate it a notch above. Six.

For me, this song is again one of the better songs of the album. Unlike Public Enema #1, this one has a more memorable solo (and the harmony in between the two solos, which reminds me of Screaming for Vengeance, lifts it further). The rest of the song is a bit weaker, though, so all in all it ends up one notch below, and earns a 7.

The solo at the beginning sets the mood pretty well, and the song has some really nice melodies.  It definitely belongs to the better half of No Prayer.  That being said, it's still not that memorable, and the chorus is completely mediocre.  Now that I think of it, that is a problem on the following two songs, as well: some good parts, but the choruses bring them down.

Edit: Forgot to rate it completely.  Solid 7.

This is a great one. The intro has some really beautiful guitar playing, the song is dramatic and has a great chorus, I like the lyrics, and the last solo is great too. All in all, this is one of the highlights from the album. I only wish Bruce would have lost all his "raspiness" on this one, and you can hear he must have been struggling with the higher notes for some reason. You can also tell that what this album is desperately lacking is a good production. 8/10.

6 out of 10... Outside of the nice harmony guitar section, nothing about this song is overly appealing, not to say it isn't a bad little rocker. The song just never made much of an impression on me...

This is one of the band's most underrated songs. It was my favourite on the album the first time I heard it - which was about eight years ago now - and I still think it's very good. The chorus is pretty weak, but the verses have a really catchy melody. Beautiful intro as well. I give it an eight.

I was gonna give this a 6 but the intro is so damn beautiful. i have to give it a 7

chorus is decent and feels very similar to the prophecy and deja vu but is not quite as good as either. this would fit perfectly on SIT

Back