explain your nicks please

Well, people who live in Romerike were called Raumere before Norway was united. The capital was Jassheimr (Jessheim). So since I'm from Romerike, I chose that Reumeren. I actually mispelled it, it's supposed to be rAumeren not rEumeren, but the mistake just stuck with me.

megadeoxys said:
I tried that in several occasions. Had to register again because i forgot my nickXD

I've done that. Recently.

I too use SinisterMinisterX, or a variation of that, on most sites. (Some don't allow the necessary 17 characters.) But I couldn't find a good available variation on Digg. So I chose an odd phrase I came up with a few years ago: tinmaddog.

It was originally a suggestion for a band name: Tin Mad Dog. If you don't get it yet, read it backwards.

It only took about 2 weeks to forget my Digg username.

megadeoxys said:
I tried that in several occasions. Had to register again because i forgot my nickXD

I can relate. You know I've done that in Photobucket more times than I can remember.  My membership just expired. 

Eddies Wingman said:
Hey, I'm from Eastern Norway (or, more precisely, the south-east - after all, all of Finnmark lies further east than what we usually call Eastern Norway ...). Enlighten me, please.

Did you just call me an eastling rather than a Northerner!??  :blink: :blink: :blink:

(Guess that makes three of us... anyone else..?)

Well, you live further east than me anyway  :D but also much further north, of course.

I just thought I should point out that what we usually call Østlandet is not by any means the eastern part of Norway.

I think it's time to explain my nick.

My most favorite food is rice. Any kind of rice. Boiled, fried, sushi, soup, with any sauce, as stuffing, with meat, with cheese, you name it. There's an Indian dish called Pilau, and it's one of my favorite dishes. It's like a cauldron dish with many kinds of meat and sea food, veggies, spice, and everything nice (rice). So since the first time I was ever online my nickname was Pilau Rice. Funny enough, not everyone called me pilau - in the Worms (the PC game) community where I war very active during my teens I was known mostly as 'rice'. But I figured I prefered only pilau, and that's it really. For me, it's like a second name really :)

I don't think my nick needs explaining but my nickname for the last 13 years at work has been Cheeze. Let me explain, when i first started as an apprentice electrician i had really long hair in a ponytail, one guy said i looked like Cochise the American Indian so i was Cochise for a while. Then i cut my hair off so it was shortened to Cheese, to be different i replaced the S with a Z and now that is what people call me at work, i was gonna register as Cheeze but i'm sick of it now and because i couldn't think of anything else, i just put my own name instead. So thats one nickname covered....my friends call me O-shay, as in Rik-o-shay, at school i was little Rik because i'm quite short and my wife's best friend calls me Ickle Sidney Moose, i'm short, i used have big sideburns and i used to call people moose all the time....hmmm, did i say i couldn't think of a nickname to use. Oh, i forgot one, i recently recovered from having Testicular Cancer so i used to use Womble, as in one ball, i think thats all of them, maybe i'll pick one and change it? I think this is my longest post!

I made up my nickname pretty much on the spot without thinking about it.
Seeing as to how my name (John) is the #1 most common male name worldwide, and #1634 most common female name :)wtf:), I often ask myself why people look for a meaning in names. I guess, if I had to specify the reason behind it, this is it.

Tell us about your username

Since there's a thread asking about people's avatars, I thought it would be fun to have one for usernames.

For starters, my first name is Travis. As far as fonzbear2000, when I was a little kid, my neighbor who talked on CB radio, called me fonzybear for fun as a CB handle and when I get internet in 1999, I decided to keep the name, but changed it to fonzbear and added the 2000 because I thought it sounded cool.

Re: Tell us about your username

Mine is what my name sounds like when Anglos try to say it right...

I nicked my name from my dog.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
What's Anglos?
English speaking people - its how we pronounce his name!

Mine's named after a life event in which I restrained a piece of Civil War artillery from falling off the back of a truck and mowing down 67 pedestrians.
http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=16062.0

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
What's Anglos?

Anglo Saxons.

LooseCannon said:
Mine's named after a life event in which I restrained a piece of Civil War artillery from falling off the back of a truck and mowing down 67 pedestrians.
http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=16062.0

Well thanks for ruining my illusion of you as a loose cannon cop who doesn't play by the rules.

Back