explain your nicks please

Re: Tell us about your username

Would it help if you knew I was stopping that piece of artillery while my badge was suspended and hunting down a duo of ruthless criminals?

Was it a dastardly duo?  That would make a big difference.  A regular duo isn't much. 

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Ah, I see. What is the correct way to pronounce it?

phonetically... in Spanish. When English speakers try it... sounds like Onhell :D

LooseCannon said:
Mine's named after a life event in which I restrained a piece of Civil War artillery from falling off the back of a truck and mowing down 67 pedestrians.
http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=16062.0

So THAT'S where that thread went... :p

hmm, sounds like a perfect premise for a dead dream...

I wanna merge....keeping the genie in the bottle is so hard....

Anyway-- Wasted, as in 'Wasted Years'-- which is one of my original favorite songs by Maiden.  I use it everywhere now, and when I'm gaming everyone thinks its a drunk thing--  I always like to remember that where I am now, today, is the golden years, not whats behind or ahead.

CLV is Roman numerals for 155 (thanks LC).  155 is the number of n00bs I wanna ban before the year is over  :halo:

The Revelations in my name comes from one of my favourite Maiden songs (and songs in general) Revelations. The 85 comes from a star football player on the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (CFL football, for those who don't know)

Vortex, because at first people avoid me, but are soon draw in by my irresistable force.

It's my "short name". It's related to my first name as in Dave <-> David.

It's pronounced Zhare, eg. /ʒ/are . That's a fricative consonant here. Wiki "croatian language" for that sort of stuff.

Nope, I'm fucked. I'll just keep mispronouncing it.

Yeah, Slavic languages have a few quirks. Croatian grammar is a real pain in the ass. A lot of archaisms, and we have certain "expression forms" that don't have analogy in English. For instance we have like 2-3 times more grammatical tenses than you do, and seven morphological classes which are analogous to Latin casus. A lot of stuff like that. Voice syllable transformations (no it's not a computer algorithm). And then they torture you with that in school. And at the end of the day, you speak your local dialect  :D

Dialect that we speak in this locality is heavily Italian-influenced. Basic structure is still Croatian, but a lot of Italianisms are used, and we pronounce words like in Italian. The "local grammar" is simpler, for instance we don't give a fuck about that morphology, eg. we don't suffix words based on the context.

My first name is Abas as well... so I have just basically taken my given name and named accounts after it

I was really digging the song Invaders when I joined the forum, no other reason.  I don't love it as much any more, but it still seems like I'm the only one who likes it at all.

I like it too. Great riffs and Bruce sings along very well in the couplets.

Back