European Politics

I don't think this will happen. The Baltics are part of NATO and EU, that's an entirely different beast than Ukraine. I don't think Putin is mad enough to go to war with NATO.
I sure hope you're right, but please don't underestimate Putin's madness.

I sure hope you're right, but please don't underestimate Putin's madness.

I honestly think that being in NATO counts for something. Putin is going to go for everything that used to be part of the Russian Empire that's outside of NATO, but if he went for the Baltics that would mean war with what is still the world's most powerful military and three nuclear powers. Somebody would shoot him before that happens.

I hope so but also I'm afraid we cannot rely on "maybe this madman will not do this". We all know what the Soviet Union controlled once. I think the fear of Ukrainian neighbours is justified. More justified than Putin's "reasoning". So I can imagine lots of troop movement to the east.

I hope so but also I'm afraid we cannot rely on "maybe this madman will not do this". We all know what the Soviet Union controlled once. I think the fear of Ukrainian neighbours is justified. More justified than Putin's "reasoning". So I can imagine lots of troop movement to the east.

He's not the only one controlling the arsenal of MAD in Russia. But in case of a purge among high ranking military officials, you can bet something bad is coming. There's no indication yet. Those events do roll off in an unfortunate scenario where NATO will have every right to try a first strike. But it doesn't need to be nuclear.

Maybe it's time to halt the strategic treaties and develop direct but conventional countermeasures to Russian launch platforms. Disable silos from the space via kinetic strike. Take down the ship with a precision attack. Develop something to counter mobile launchers they'll move across the vast land.

Edit : we'll see where this next batch of sanctions leads them. Every square m of Ukraine will be yet another important oligarch cut off from assets, what's worse is that they didn't get any new sq.m, they just formalized control of the regions we knew they controlled since 2014

The Russian occupiers, having encountered total opposition from Ukrainian defenders, surrender. A whole reconnaissance platoon of the 74th Motorized Rifle Brigade surrendered near Chernihiv. Sergeant Buinichev Konstantin
Studies were in Yelʹní, yesterday learned about the attack on Ukraine, thought they would return home.
"Nobody thought that we were going to kill it. We were not going to fight, we were collecting information"

Last edited:
Situation on Russian invasion
Operational information as of 17:00 regarding the Russian invasion
As of 17:00 24 February the opponent continues aggressive actions across the line of the common border.
From the airports of the Republic of Belarus performs demonstration actions along the northern part of the state border.
In the Siver region, an opponent is stopped along the river Uzh in the areas of Velikí Osnyaki, Rivnopillâ, a tank battle is being fought.
Units of the first separate tank brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the area of Baturina and on the outskirts of Chernihiv stopped the columns of the armored technology of the enemy.
The opponent tried to land a tactical parachute along the Kiev reservoir.
20 KA-52 and Mi-8 helicopters of the Russian Federation landed a parachute at the Gostomel Airport. There is a fight going on.
The National Guard of Ukraine entered into a battle in the area of the city of Pripyat. The opponent planted a tactical parachute in Bessarabsk and Tavria operating areas.
After a failed attempt to land the paratroopers and a failed missile strike, the enemy missile cruiser "Moscow" began shelling of the island of Zmí їniy.
A mixed column of technology of up to 300 units approached the settlement Konotop. Mechanized units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine have entered the battle. The enemy's military are stopped in the areas of the settlements of Gremyach and Krolevets.
In the Donetsk operational area by defenders of Ukraine, the situation across the line of clash has been restored. Fights are underway towards Mariupol.
The defense of Melitopol is organized by the forces of the South and a defense operation is carried out on the border of the settlements of Abrikosivka, Rykove, Azov.
Keep your calm! Follow the information on official resources!
Together to Victory!

Russians want to seize Chernobyl plant. To blackmail the World with nuclear assault.
Or because it's a direct route into Kyiv that doesn't involve crossing the Dnieper in Ukrainian territory. It's actually probably that. He doesn't need to blackmail the world with nuclear assault, he has thousands of nukes. Please, be reasonable.

NATO is united. They just can't do anything. A big part of what Putin wanted to see is whether or not NATO would waver in a post-Trump world, where the Americans spent four years publicly questioning their devotion to the alliance. It seems that the answer is yes, NATO will continue to act as one.

Yup, Putin is going for Kiev via Chernobyl probably to crash the goverment with force.

Could be bad for the people of Kiev in next few days.

There was a discussion on the main radiostation here earlier, and one participant quoted an internet opinion poll among people who live in Moscow, where 70% voted against Russia invading Ukraine. Quite interesting, but who knows how the poll was done. Even so, information via internet will obviously play a huge role in this. How is internet censorship in Russia? I think this forum is free to read?

Painful to watch.
Jesus fucking christ. Such a fucking disdain for human life.
Currently waiting for Biden's press conference. Put up the iron curtain again. EU should revoke all visas for russian citizen, cut Russia off financially in any possible way. Confiscate assets. It's going to hurt like hell for a lot of people and ricochet, but a non military response has to be crushing, or it will do nothing to stop the Tsar's aspirations and China is watching and contemplating. Finland and Sweden need to join NATO instantly.

Last edited:
There was a discussion on the main radiostation here earlier, and one participant quoted an internet opinion poll among people who live in Moscow, where 70% voted against Russia invading Ukraine. Quite interesting, but who knows how the poll was done. Even so, information via internet will obviously play a huge role in this. How is internet censorship in Russia? I think this forum is free to read?
Russian internet is not censored per se. Main media outlets is full on propaganda machine. There's no different opinion on tv stations. Those fully support government and The Great Russia narrative.

Jesus fucking christ. Such a fucking disdain for human life.
Currently waiting for Biden's press conference. Put up the iron curtain again. EU should revoke all visas for russian citizen, cut Russia off financially in any possible way. Confiscate assets. It's going to hurt like hell for a lot of people and ricochet, but a non military response has to be crushing, or it will do nothing to stop the Tsar's aspirations and China is watching and contemplating. Finland and Sweden need to join NATO instantly.
WORDS OF WISDOM. WAKE UP. I read that Germany is against Swift sanctions. What a morons. Imbeciles. What more do they need, to ban Russia.

What I also find interesting, just a few days ago Biden said Russia would invade Ukraine 100%, and nobody believed it, right? What that tells me is: the American secret service works -- contrary to the one from Russia, that can only do hacking attacks and paralyze.

Good US sanctions coming all along, but they can do more (and Biden said they would be willing). Why not add all of the Duma members to the personal sanctions list as well, just like in that link somebody posted earlier, suggested?

Sounds like Biden is moving significant US forces into Eastern Europe and ready stations in Germany, as well as huge sanctions. I suspect there will be more to come.

Back