European Politics

All this unedited footage posted by Ukrainians on social media is terrifying. Watching an invasion filmed by the people being invaded in real time. I genuinely feel sick.

In the meantime, China stands in somewhat solidarity with Russia, refusing to call the invasion an invasion, but rather acknowledging russian "security concerns about europe" and pinpointing USA as a conflict escalating party.

Ukrainians speaks that main target right now is in the South of Ukraine. Russians want to make landway to Crimea.

• Sad
Reactions: Yax
Ukrainians speaks that main target right now is in the South of Ukraine. Russians want to make landway to Crimea.
But they are also launching an assault on Kiev, which I guess could mean they aim to take out the leadership in a swift move.

In the meantime, China stands in somewhat solidarity with Russia, refusing to call the invasion an invasion, but rather acknowledging russian "security concerns about europe" and pinpointing USA as a conflict escalating party.
I'm half expecting a chinese assault on Taiwan in the wake of this. The chinese want to know how this plays out. Who knows what pact they've quietly made between themselves.

Shit.

My thoughts are with people of Ukraine. Hopefully this stops ASAP and some reason prevails.

The worst thing is that nobody knows how far will Putin go. Especially now, when it seems that one side has gone full military mode and the other is prepairing and threatening with sanctions.

Last edited:
Shit.

My thoughts are with people of Ukraine. Hopefully this stops ASAP and some reason prevails.

The worst thing is that nobody knows how far will Putin go. Especially now, when it seems that one side has gone full military mode and the other is prepairing and threatening with sanctions.
He will go as far as he can. If Ukraine will fall, and The West will do nothing, he will go to Baltics. I think this time he go 'all in'. He wants to take the world down with him when he goes.

he will go to Baltics.

I don't think this will happen. The Baltics are part of NATO and EU, that's an entirely different beast than Ukraine. I don't think Putin is mad enough to go to war with NATO.

Back