Dream Theater

I was thinking more neighboring countries, I would only travel across the ocean for a MaidenFans meetup for an Iron Maiden show, and an Iced Earth reunion show with Barlow.

So showing how little I’ve been paying attention, apparently people found out about the album cover/title via a scavenger hunt set up by the band. There’s no info to be found on their social media or official website. It’s all fan generated hype. Kinda cool. Maybe the track list is also hidden somewhere.

Alcohol has made you wise. I also seem to remember you had a big anti-Dream Theater phase a few years ago and got rid of all your CDs.

One thing that worries me about the 20th anniversary aspect to next year's shows is that extra songs from 'Scenes From a Memory' may come at the expense of new music. When they played 'Images and Words' in full last year they did two sets with the full album in the second set and 'A Change of Seasons' as the encore. :notworthy: In the first set they only played one song from 'The Astonishing' and while that wasn't a great album I feel that I would appreciate it more if I'd seen more of it performed live. However, I certainly wasn't going to spend £70 on either of the London shows when they played the entire album. No thanks.

I never managed to get rid of the CD's lol

I would still like to get rid of that stupid 5 disc boxset and get proper versions of each of those though. The Survivor really changed my mind on DT tbh.

DT's website now lists the venues and some of the ticket links.

Today some of the presales have begun for Citicard members

Tomorrow the Live Nation presales will begin with General Public on sale Friday

I’m gonna have to wait, I was really thinking San Francisco but with Maiden probably announcing stuff this next week I’m gonna hold off. I may pick some up at a later date though.

I mean, as far as wild theories go, that's not a bad one. It would be a pretty cool to bring some old school fans back onboard (as long as the material lives up to the hype).

Back