Dream Theater

Dream Theater on Facebook:

"What kind of album would you like DT14 to be?"

33610162_10155308432092181_61314721189462016_n.jpg

Does this request from the band mean they have NO idea what they are going to do?
Of course not. It means they just want to remind everyone they exist and generate excitement for the next album. Maiden should try something like that, perhaps by making a tour poster with loads of "hints" to make people stress about what songs might definitely absolutely be played.

Of course not. It means they just want to remind everyone they exist and generate excitement for the next album. Maiden should try something like that, perhaps by making a tour poster with loads of "hints" to make people stress about what songs might definitely absolutely be played.

Nah, that kind of thing sounds like it wouldn’t appeal to fans. Especially not the kind that like debating the same intangible thing for months on end.

Heavy, progressive, melodic, shredding, and epic. I'm actually starting to get some pretty high expectations for this one.

I liked the production of The Astonishing. At times it had guitars in right channel and keyboards in the left which gave it a live feel at times. I did not notice this until i heard the lp with earbuds.

I’m not sure what I want out of the next album. I hope that they feel fresh after taking a break and try to push themselves a bit more. The Astonishing was at least something different for them but had a lot of flaws.

I’d love something like Six Degrees where each song has its own unique flavor and sonic world.

I just want something that sounds fresh and original instead forced or rehashed. And I want that something to be more well thought of than the disaster that is The Astonishing.

I don't think Dream Theater have put out a great record since Six Degrees. Train of Thought and A Dramatic Turn of Events were okay, the rest were weak. It sucks, because I hold their great records in very high esteem and I know the potential is there.

Back