Dragonforce

The_7th_Son

Ancient Mariner
I thought i'd tell you about Dragonforce seeing nobody knows who they are. Ok theyre power metal, and the lyrics are slightly cheesy but they are absolutely amazing. I saw them live two weeks ago and they blew me away, one of the best gigs ive ever been to and ranks up with maiden. They have released two albums so far 'valley of the damned' and 'sonic firestorm'. Instrumentally, theyre gods. Herman Li and Sam Totman are amongst the top five guitarists ive ever heard, the solos are mind-blowing. You can download a free track from their website dragonforce.com, it isnt their best song, but its a sample of what theyre like. I highly highly recommend buying one if not both of their cds. Theyre also on Sanctuary records! I can see them being big and i also think its strange to see a British power metal band. Listen to them, love them, worship them. My joint favourite band with maiden, LISTEN TO THEM NOW.

Well..... what are you waiting for?!?!?!
[!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Lost Horizon
Luca Turilli

just to add a couple more [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I think Dragonforce are amazing, but they seem to be a bit too cheesy for some people. It's not just the lyrics, mind you, a lot of the melody lines are more or less lifted straight from NES & C64 games, which makes for an extra cheesy treat [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheese is delicious, just not stilton. Not all of their songs have reference to video games, but there is one hilarious keyboard solo taken straight from golden axe. I agree, lyrically they can be cheesy for a lot of people, still worth a look definately.

Well, I am listening to My Spirit Will Go On, and it sounds just like any other power metal band in my opinion. I actually have never liked power metal that much and this is no exeption. Ofcourse it's good music and I might even bother to buy their records if I happen to have the money for them, but this is not something superb.

And dont start tellin' me that this is different from other powermetal, because I truly just dont have the time to start digging in to the powermetal scene. [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

well.... it IS different, in the sense that Dragonforce plays the same cheese as any other power metal band, only twice as fast... I agree 100% that they are awesome live - really impressive to see Herman Li running across the stage while playing those outrageously fast riffs and solos

I agree that they may sound like any other power metal band but there is no denying the guitar skill. Its better than all power metal bands ive heard. Not slagging off H, but do you think he could play solos like that?

I've never heard them, though I have heard of them. If they're anything like Persuader as Eddie's Lil Helper suggested, they may be worth checking out. I'm not really a huge fan of power metal most of the time, but if these guys aren't too obnoxious or corny, I may be able to enjoy them.

If it's anything like Freedom Call or something, though, then I'll kill myself for downloading it.

Well, about the soloing, i kept thinking that helloween has pretty same sounding solos. And yes, there is no denying that they are fast! That would be pretty cool, but the thing is that almost every powermetal band has one or two of these really fast songs, and these guys have many of them. Maybe I should see them live or buy one of their albums, but judging from those songs that were availible for downloading, this isn't that good. Good but not THAT good...

There a few slow ones but only a few and they arent very good! I think these guys are really good, theyre an alternative from what i'd usually listen to, a breath of fresh air for me.

Well as far as cheesy bands go NOTHING beats Rhapsody LOL, and if I can stand their brand of cheesy/gay lyrics I think I can handle Dragonforce. Anybody over in Europe ever heard of Holy Dragons? They are a Power Metal band from Kazahkstan and they list Maiden and Helloween as some of their influences. I got an e-mail from them promoting their latest release (like two years ago) but I can't find anything of them here in the States.

On the subject of influences ithere is some power metal in there but also a few bands: Dream Theater, Jovi, Iron Maiden, Megadeth to name a few.

Dragonforce is pretty but there is a lot of people out there who think they're terrible. I still think some of bands mentioned by Eddie's Lil Helper and $yk0 are better than Dragonforce.

"Think Not Forever" by Lost Horizon > any other power metal song. Period.

I think labyrinth are the best speed metal, the vox had tremendous power, double kicks and thundering guitar.

I prefer Running wild and RAGE on power metal genre. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Dragonforce are amazing [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I got the Valley of the dammed album after a friend from work told me to download the title track which i did. Unbelievably good for a debut album. The sonic firestorm album is in the post as we speak after recently ordering it.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You wont be disapointed [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

agreed. Dragonforce are amazing, but Lost Horizon are amazing and then some.

Back