Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger

How good is Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger'

This song remind me of what the victims of the killer in killers (the song not the album [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) could think as he tries to escape. There's no subway in the song but the fact that the light goes down and that the victim might not see the light of day again make me think of one.

Overall it's a good song but the lyrics are a bit repetitive

Agreed, this song sounds like someone is chased by some insane lunatic through nightly streets or something like that. The chorus is a bit repetitive, but the weird guitar part at the end is quite cool.

5/5

I like this song !
They didn't play it when I've seen them in 1998 [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
The crazy part is awesome. I used it as a jingle in a radio broadcast a few years ago ! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

A great song indeed..I especcially like the intro and the manic instrumental parts. I don't really care about the chorus being a bit repetitive. It suits the song and sometimes is starting to sound like advice or a warning.

Underrated great song.

I wonder if there is anybody who hears this song and doesn't think of Dio's Don't Talk To Strangers...

Daily Song: Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

This isn't a terrible song, but it's not too good either. I feel like it's better than it's been maligned, but I wouldn't put it above the bottom cadre. I waver between a 5 and a 6, but I will go by a 6.

Re: Daily Song: Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger

This is a hard one. I like it musically, but the repetetiveness is much worse  than Angel. There is some great riffs and that guitar sound that I love through the whole album is in there too. So I think I'm gonna give it an 8.

This one is built off a properly ominous riff that nicely matches the subject matter. But its aimless, meandering repetitiveness quickly squanders the tension. I wonder if an outside producer could have molded it into a better track. Five.

9. Love the new avenue Maiden took on this one in all senses, but still being Maiden; the intro is typical slow, but in a different, unusual key, the song bursts in great fashion with a great verse, the slow part in the middle is wonderful, makes me trip far and away, everytime, it's a section which I really enjoy, the manic part which even Jan so sure about is also great and is tied perfectly with the whole structure and it comes back to where in started eventually. The focus of this song is exactly having no focus, it depicts musically the despair and the dreadness the carachter is going through. It's like Steve used the usual structuring of his longer songs, but adding new tempers which is something he kept doing in the coming years, and it shows, once again, that the musical template the band uses up to these days were set and cemented during the Blaze days. Love this song! :edmetal:

5 out of 10... Another slice of bland on this one. Possibly the least exciting Maiden track ever. The very end of the song is kinda cool though. Almost a celebration that it's finally finished...

taker64 said:
5 out of 10... Another slice of bland on this one. Possibly the least exciting Maiden track ever. The very end of the song is kinda cool though. Almost a celebration that it's finally finished...

I wonder which Maiden songs you like. You complain about almost everything.

I like this song actually. Yes it's really repetitive but has great ideas and melodies. It's a 7,5 in my book, high 7/10.

Jeffmetal said:
I wonder which Maiden songs you like. You complain about almost everything.
He stated earlier that he wasn't going to be nice to Virtual.

Stallion Duck said:
He stated earlier that he wasn't going to be nice to Virtual.

But as far as I can remember, he wasn't nice to almost anything.

I looked at his ratings and most of them are 6's and 7's. Call that what you like I guess.

All opinions are welcome here. Sorry, guys. Taker has definitely had some ones he likes more than others. I disagree with the guy on this album, but hey. That's what makes this fun. We're all different.

Sure, but I find it weird. No need to be all highs, nor all lows, but he gives a great song 6 or 7 and so does an average or a bad song. There's something wrong there.

Jeffmetal said:
Sure, but I find it weird. No need to be all highs, nor all lows, but he gives a great song 6 or 7 and so does an average or a bad song. There's something wrong there.
I fail to see what is weird. My rankings are based on personal preference. Elements of some songs bring my ranking down, and when Blaze is singing, it's usually (but not always) his voice. Explain weird.

taker64 said:
I fail to see what is weird. My rankings are based on personal preference. Elements of some songs bring my ranking down, and when Blaze is singing, it's usually (but not always) his voice. Explain weird.
I think what he was talking about all of your rankings, not just Virtual XI. Your average is a 7 or lower for every album after NOTB

Back