DIO

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
I've decided to combine all of Dio albums from 1990 to 2004 in one with the best songs from each. This is how it ended:

Side A:
Wild One
2.Hey Angel
3.Why Are They Watching Me
4.As Long As It's Not About Love
5.Losing My Insanity (love the medieval riff)

Side B:
Challis
7.Killing The Dragon
8.Better In The Dark
9.Death By Love

bonus songs: Fever Dreams/One More For The Road/Master Of The Moon/Living The Lie

A very good album IMO.

Last edited:

Niall Kielt

Pulled Her At The Bottle Top
I would go see this if it was very reasonably priced. I like the music and its played by pros, some of whom played with Dio. But it would have to be relatively cheap.
Initially I thought it was a shit idea and I sort of still do but fuck it, I'd try it. I would also be open to the idea of leaving early.

MrKnickerbocker

clap hands
Happy Friday! Here's a pointless, lifeless-yet-still-overplayed version of "Black Sheep of the Family" ft. a second rate Dio impression!

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
I wished we have a full live album from DIO from the 80's.

His first live album was Intermission in 1986, but contains only 6 songs. He should had released a studio album in 1986.

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
What about Finding The Sacred Heart? It was originally just a video I think, but they put out a CD version in 2012 and it's on Spotify.
Oh yeah, I forgot that it was released as a live album (CD) in 2013. And yes, it was originally just a video (VHS in 1986).

This concert is a classic for the ages. I was so happy that it was finally released on DVD a couple of years back in 2013. Thank you for reminding me that we have a proper live album from the 80's of DIO. :ok:

Welsh Phantom

Ancient Mariner
Oh yeah, I forgot that it was released as a live album (CD) in 2013. And yes, it was originally just a video (VHS in 1986).

This concert is a classic for the ages. I was so happy that it was finally released on DVD a couple of years back in 2013. Thank you for reminding me that we have a proper live album from the 80's of DIO. :ok:
Plus we have Live at Donington 1983 and 1987 double cd. (I was at the 1987 show too!)
81yPy0LvWzL__AC_UL654_QL65_.jpg

terrell39

Ancient Mariner
Cool story about how Jeff Pilson came to play bass for Dio in the 90s. I saw the Angry Machines tour & don't remember him there but maybe I wasn't paying attention to the bassist :p

terrell39

Ancient Mariner
Just discovered this song by The Rods that Ronnie sang lead on; this is from their reunion cd Vengeance; their guitarist David is Ronnie's cousin who he played with in Elf