Did you like Dance of Death album?

Im telling you guys, The Opening to Face in the Sand, at least the first 30 seconds, is Just like blood brothers!!and thats like my second favorite song! [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I noticed Gates of Tomorrow get's a bad rep! it's a pretty good song too, i personally love every song on the CD [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden is the thing+Sep 15 2003, 12:07 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden is the thing @ Sep 15 2003, 12:07 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Pashendale is like in every ones top 2  [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
And with good reason!

i just want to say hi to everyone, me being a newbie on the board and all
:::waves:::

and despite the rumors that ive heard before DOD came out (that it would suck and its mellow and slow,etc..) i think it ROCKS. nothing better than cranking maiden in the car and singing at the top of your lungs while driving in traffic. rainmaker is the choice song of the moment, followed by wildest dreams and montsegur....but that may change....

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] UP THE IRONS!!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

www.sanctuary.maidenrules.com

First of all, DOD is a very wellwritten and wonderful album, and i don't think i can say i dislike any song. But i can say that i like some songs more than others. I think it would be to har to rate all songs but my favourites are:

1) Paschendale (I think most of us like it)
2) Montségur
3) Dance of Death
4) Rainmaker
5) No more lies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the forums maidenchick, it's always nice with some new people.
I dont say you other guys are bad... [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Yes I liked it. The more I listen to it, the more I think it is their best album ever.

Top 5 from the album-at time of typing,will more than likely change soon
1-Dance of Death
2-Paschendale
3-Rainmaker
4-Montsegur
5-Journeyman

Weakest song is Gates of Tomorrow

My choice:
1. paschendale
2. dance of death
3. no more lies
4. face in the sand
5. journeyman
6. montsegur
7. rainmaker
8. new frontier
9. age of innocence
10. gates of tomorrow
11. wildest dreams

Paschendale... [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I really don't see what's so special about that song. [!--emo&:puke:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/pukeface.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'pukeface.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Sorry Max stax, but I think that Nomad is possibly the best song on that album. It is one of the best Maiden epics there is. The Mercenary kicks the assassin's ass, and isn't a copy of it.

[!--QuoteBegin-Shaman+Sep 3 2003, 02:14 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Shaman @ Sep 3 2003, 02:14 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I must say that I was disappointed with Wildest Dreams, they could cut it from the album in my opinion, it's the weakest song. [/quote]
After several listening I've changed my mind, Gates of Tomorrow is the weakest song on Dance of Death album.

i also found out i like new frontier better than i thought i did especially the chorus

Hi,

This album really rocks [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] It's better than BNW !!

My list:
1. Dance Of Death
2. No More Lies
3. Paschendale
4. Journeyman
5. Montsegur
6. Face In The Sand
7. New Frontier
8. Rainmaker
9. Wildest Dreams
10. Gates Of Tomorrow
11. Age Of Innocence

Okay guys, I've just listened to Gates of Tomorrow a few times and the more I hear it the more I like it.

The intro is kinda crappy, I think, it reminds me of most of the stuff off Somewhere in Time. Bruce's voice in the verse sounds a bit off but the harmony sounds good.

The lyrics though are extremely powerful. To me this song is partially a combination of Prowler and Futureal, about predators who use online chat...you know, the 45 year old man pretending to be an 18 year old woman...

But it also talks about other dangers of the Internet...namely getting caught in something that isn't real...be that MUDs or cyber relationships or Everquest or what have you.

But yeah, the music is a bit weak, but I LOVE the chorus. Unlike some of the other choruses of DoD, it's not totally repetitive (No More Lies, Montségur, Journeyman) and Bruce sounds great, especially when he harmonies with what I can only assume is H (isn't it always?)

Hey, MaidenSweden, who did you talk to to get yer review posted? Cos I've been bored in History and finished mine...

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Sep 17 2003, 04:19 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Sep 17 2003, 04:19 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Hey, MaidenSweden, who did you talk to to get yer review posted?  Cos I've been bored in History and finished mine... [/quote]
Go to the "Album reviews" page, click Add Review, write your review and finally click Submit.

Back