Did you like Dance of Death album?

I'm curretly downloading the album, but after hearing "No more lies", "Rainmaker" and "Paschendale" I agree with you Shaman.

Wildest Dreams doesn't fit to this album (for me).
The sound on the single is so low and not of a good quality.

Even the mp3's from the rest of the album are 100% better.

Well, after all those rumors about the 'kin artwork and and the single, I can say:

Awesome work boys!

This is going to be a great album.

To LooseCannon: Happy Birthday for Monday!
We're gonna share this day with a new album, I guess [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

Thanks Maidenaustria!! I can hardly wait!

Legal drinking age + Maiden at midnight = me in HEAVEN! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Paschendale still brings tears to my eyes. The lyrics are amazing, and you can hear the shells falling in the barrage.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Sep 5 2003, 12:21 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Sep 5 2003, 12:21 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Thanks Maidenaustria!!  I can hardly wait!

Legal drinking age + Maiden at midnight = me in HEAVEN! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Paschendale still brings tears to my eyes.  The lyrics are amazing, and you can hear the shells falling in the barrage. [/quote]
Legal drinking -
I remember those days [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'll spend my birthday (0809 too [!--emo&:chug:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/beerchug.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'beerchug.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) with DoD on my bradn new Surround!
[!--emo&:yey:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/luxhello[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'luxhello[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I hope the album's gonna be released here in time!

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

The Dance of Death album in whole is a great album.

To me it sounds like a mix between all of Maidens past albums into one....
Some sound start out like old school sounds then change to a BNW sound the Blaze era sound then 7th sound....just awsome...

Love it but most Fans will need alittle time for this to grow on ya

[!--QuoteBegin-Morpheus+Sep 5 2003, 08:07 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Morpheus @ Sep 5 2003, 08:07 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] The Dance of Death album in whole is a great album.

To me it sounds like a mix between all of Maidens past albums into one....
Some sound start out like old school sounds then change to a BNW sound the Blaze era sound then 7th sound....just awsome...

Love it but most Fans will need alittle time for this to grow on ya [/quote]
Well said, I feel the same.

I got the DOD cd to day [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I love it

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

to blown away still to say the the best song but it have to be Pacsendale or montsegur or... Age of innocent... or... well

[!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I liked the album very much, best since 7th Son, my least fav would be Montsegur *braces for flurry of blows* while my fav would be Journeyman. There is something about the 'individual' songs like Journeyman, Nomad, Mercenary, Trooper, Rainmaker, Fallen Angel and Clairvoyant that I just love.

I bought the cd right after i got out of school. At first it sounded weird, but now that i have listened for it about five times it sounds brilliant. [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Still hate the artwork. Maybe maidenfreak should do a recreation (or whole new one) to it [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] .

Montsegur, Rainmaker, No more lies, those are THE songs for me [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hmm...I would disagree, I honestly think Montsegur is one of the best tracks on the album. Of course, I've always loved Maiden's heavy battle stuff...a very good continuation of the types of songs we've seen before in Invaders, The Trooper, Aces High, etc.

Paschendale is still my favorite track. But after that it gets very difficult to tell, I love Rainmaker, No More Lies, Journeyman, Face in the Sand, Montsegur, and Dance of Death almost equally the same!

Wildest Dreams for me is the worst song on the album. But it's still good.

[!--QuoteBegin-drakor+Sep 4 2003, 02:41 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(drakor @ Sep 4 2003, 02:41 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] So Eddie and Iron Maiden are BACK WITH POWER can't wait for the tour !!!!  [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
i don't know about eddie being back, if the cover remains the same...but the music is what really matters, and it rocks! [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I have it since Friday.
It's pretty good not as good as BNW but still good.
Montsegur is the best song even though the vocals aren't that great. [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
I think it's a pitty Harris don't write that much anymore he should have written more epics for this album.

Steve I miss you [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Just picked it up this morning as soon as Tower Records opened.

HOLY SHIT this fucking album is start to finish one of the best Maiden albums ever IMO. I expected a great album but this is way beyond just great.

I guess the album isn't copy controlled in America because I copied it to my computer and l have the MP3s playing right now.

Haven't heard the whole thing yet. Bought it @ Tower on my lunch break. So far what I've heard has been great. Don't know about the cover though. It's not Derek Riggs is it? Doesn't look like it. I prefer the old covers he did. My favorite illustration is and always will be THE TROOPER!

my 2 favourite bands... old maiden and new maiden =D. they've brought in a lot of er.. progressive stuff kinda like queensryche or dreamtheater but i love it. i miss bruce screaming though

[!--QuoteBegin-Guest+Sep 9 2003, 09:07 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 9 2003, 09:07 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] they've brought in a lot of  er.. progressive stuff kinda like queensryche or dreamtheater but i love it. [/quote]
That made it even better for me. Anyone trying what DT and QR (2 of my favorite bands) do is great for me.

Agreeing with the general drift although personally I'm not a fan of No More Lies.

YES! Wildest dreams is the weakest song on there.

Does anyone else feel like this album is where the band picked up from Virtual XI & that BNW was an aside to say a big "F**K YOU" to all Nu-Metal?

Paschendale, Face in the Sand & DoD are the best by a mile.

BTW, am I the only one to hear a big similarity between some of the stuff here & Bruce's solo stuff?

Who seeing them on the UK tour then? I'm frantically scrabbling for the money (after paying for DT & Opeth tickets)!!

PD
piercepd@yahoo.co.uk

[!--QuoteBegin-Max_Stax+Sep 12 2003, 07:20 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Max_Stax @ Sep 12 2003, 07:20 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] BTW, am I the only one to hear a big similarity between some of the stuff here & Bruce's solo stuff? [/quote]
No I noticed it to. A lot of the songs on the album sounded very similiar to previous Maiden Songs or some Bruce solo stuff.

I can't remember which song it was off the top of my head (and I'd get kicked out of ITT Tech if I played it right now) but it had a similiar opening riff to Silver Wings.

Back