Did you like Dance of Death album?

My favouite pastime has become playing Tiger Woods 2003, and listening to DoD with a few Stellas. I like Wildest Dreams, Rainmaker, No More Lies, Montsegur, Dance of Death, New Frontier, Paschendale and The Journeyman. All very good songs IMO, I don't know how they are going to curb this into a setlist, there are too many good songs. If there are any of you who know the setlist from the new tour, can you not tell me, if you would be so kind as to do that. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--].

DoD song rank?

1) Dance of Death
2) Montsegur
3) Paschendale

Sorry to say but I think DOD is a weak album. I listen to it every day since Tuesday and i try to like it but...
The only songs that can be worth the value of the name of Maiden are Rainmaker, Mossentgur,Paschendale, Dance of death, Journeyman, New Frontier. The rest are just good. I hope after some more listenigs tha the album will grow more on me

i dont really like montsegur or the chorus to no more lies its to annoying but the rest of the album kicks my ass [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:duckie:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/duckie.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'duckie.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Will one of you people [span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'][span style=\'color:purple\']PLEASE[/span][/span] agree with me on Face in the Sand. Does that intro not get anyone else?! Are we dead out there?!?!?!?!?

PD
[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well... its pretty much my favorite album at the time, i havent been listning to so much else since the release.... and i like all of the songs, its an Kick ass album! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] This Album RULES! It reminds me of all the best parts of the old album's put together, especially of how much Dance of Death Reminds me of Number of the Beast..I dont know if anyone else noticed..or it's just me, and that they're both Number 5 on the list But i think Wildest Dreams is an awesome song, not the best, but i Guess i like the theme of it : Self Empowerment, I've always had low self esteem, and This song makes me feel, more powerful, But otherwise Dance of Death, Pashendale, and Rainmaker are my favorites. [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Does anyone else feel like this album is where the band picked up from Virtual XI & that BNW was an aside to say a big "F**K YOU" to all Nu-Metal?[/quote]
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] When I read that, I imagined Live After Death Eddie Rising From the Grave and Stomping all over Nu-Metal!! This album for sure will show everyone that Maiden is back, and better than ever! [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Max Stax...If you ask me..the very beginning of the intro is like Blood Brothers..but then Im not sure after maybe the first 30 seconds..it gets darker..I hope I helped! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I dont mean to be talking too much..but I've found alot to say.. [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]DO NOT waste your time on "Age of Innocence". Dave shouldn't have two songs![/quote]
Why shouldt Dave have two songs? In my opinion he is just a good a song writer as Adrian or Janick, He has written some of my favorite songs too, like Charlotte the harlot, Deja Vu, Still Life, and Nomad, and as "Age of Innocence" is a great song as well, and I don't think it's very fair if you say he shouldn't have two songs.
Dave Murray rocks! He's been with Maiden since it started, and if anything he should have more songs, in my opinion!! Age of Innocence is great! Don't Hate on Dave [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'Arry Rules, don't fret, you should see the monster post I did awhile back, you have good opinions and I agree, ESPECIALLY about Davey! I love his writing!

Yeah Dave is a great writer.

As for talking too much keep it up. I think everyone here loves hearing other Maiden fan's opinions.

well fuck yeah, i did. i woulnt have minded if the album was a lil longer by a song or two. cos i was surprised when it came to Journeyman, and i was saying'is it the last song already?'

and WD isnt the weakest song. i dont jnow why u ppl think like that even now. i had the same idea b4, but when i heard it again on my walkman, i just realised they mad good use of 3 guitars very well in WD, so it isnt weak at all. and its better structured, like the tepmo changes, fills, and best of all, Smith's solo are really well composed. i just didnt like the mood changes in montsegur, like it starts off heavy and angry, but later the singing makes it all happy, i just ddnt like that.

as for journeyman, it was one song i was lookin forward to, cos its maidens' first all acoustics song. and these are better 11 songs than that of St. Anger.

I don't think Wildest Dreams is the weakest song either. For me, it's either Age of Innocence or Gates of Tomorrow. They aren't bad songs though, its like Brave New World, I don't think that had any bad songs on, it didn't really have any songs that stood out as being weak, but I could probably come up with at least 1 song on each album that's weak.

Dance of Death > Brave New World > Seventh Son > j00

1) Dance of Death
2) Paschendale
3) Montsegur
4) Rainmaker
5) Wildest Dreams
6) The Journeyman
7) No More Lies
8) New Frontier
9) Face in the Sand
10)Gates of Tomorrow
11)Age of Innocence

[!--QuoteBegin-Robbiedbee+Sep 14 2003, 09:50 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Robbiedbee @ Sep 14 2003, 09:50 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] They aren't bad songs though, its like Brave New World, I don't think that had any bad songs on, it didn't really have any songs that stood out as being weak, [/quote]
[!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Sorry dude, but I'm putting BNW's Mercenary down as Assassin II & Nomad down as a rewrite of that song I can't remember right now. *way to make a coherant point, no?*

[!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Insofar as songs from DoD going into the "not gonna last" catagory (amongst such honourable tracks as No Prayer, Caught Somewhere in Time, Weekend Warrier, etc) are going to be added NML, Gates, New Frontier, Age of Innocence (although I do love the lyrical theme of that one). I know it's harsh, but think of a Real Resurected one (the obvious title of a live album down the road)

My order of DoD?

Paschendale [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] (apologies for theft but it works so well!)
Face in the Sand
DoD
Rainmaker
Montsegur
Age of Innocence
Journeyman (although it drags a bit, I wanna hear the electric version)
New Frontier
Gates of Tomorrow
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies

Keep smiling there folks, the boys are touring soon!

PD

D'oh!

Just realised I shot myself in the foot there, ok NML is weaker than WD!

[!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

PD

I loved the album [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Dance of Death... [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Nooooo! Brave New World rocked. The Mercenary is a lovely little rocker, and I like The Assassin, but Mercenary is better, it has an actual climax and good music.

Anyway:

1. Paschendale
2. Journeyman
3. Face in the Sand
4. Rainmaker
5. No More Lies
6. Montsegur
7. Dance of Death
8. Age of Innocence
9. Wildest Dreams
10. New Frontier
11. Gates of Tomorrow

[!--QuoteBegin-Shaman+Sep 3 2003, 02:14 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Shaman @ Sep 3 2003, 02:14 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I must say that I was disappointed with Wildest Dreams, they could cut it from the album in my opinion, it's the weakest song. I like the rest very very much! Monstsegur, Paschendale and Dance of Death songs are my favs!!!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]  [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Me too... album is grat. best album of the year 2003. [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] paschendale is the bets song for me. dance of death, journeyman, montsegur, no more lies (exellent drums), face in the sand (good intro [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ).. gates of tommorow and wildest dreams are the weakests.

1.Pashendale
2.Dance oF Death
3.Rainmaker
4.New Frontier
5.Age of Innocence
6.Wildest Dreams
7.Journeyman
8.Gates Of Tomorrow
9.Face In The Sand
10.No More Lies
11.Montsegur

Pashendale is like in every ones top 2 [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back