Deep Purple

Sounds pretty good on first listen, though reckon the drums could be a bit louder in the mix, which would give the song more power.

I'm pretty excited about the new record.

I really liked Infinite and the tasters from Whoosh! have been great so far, so it's all looking pretty good... And it's great how the current incarnation of Purple has stayed so... relevant. This band still has something to say and it's damn cool.

So who's in the line-up? What version of Deep Purple are we on now? MK40?

Same lineup as it has been since Jon Lord died ... really this has been their most stable period by far. I thought Infinite was okay, but a step back from Now What?! ... but looking forward to the new album, the songs I have heard so far have been good

Listened to Whoosh over the weekend, I enjoyed it quite a bit ... pretty on par with Now What?! and a marked improvement over Infinite.

Arrived this morning, looking forward to giving it a spin after work this evening. Got high hopes for it based on what I've heard up until now.

Watching the live DVD from Hellfest 2017 that comes with the limited edition of Whoosh! has reminded me of how great they still are. Ian Gillan can be a bit hit and miss, but the musicianship in this band is amazing.

Let’s hope I’ll get a chance to see them live again in the future (the last time was at the Royal Albert Hall on the Celebrating Jon Lord show in 2014).

Decent track,

I prefer the alternative video
KwgQQfN9g2ksx62USzgcFbj_XpA=.gif

The songs ''Knocking At Your Back Door'' and ''Anya'' have two of the best melodic riffs in Deep Purple's discography!

... Ritchie Blackmore's magic:

In all seriousness, The Anya riff was recycled by Edguy. Can't recall the exact song, but I believe it's from Rocket Ride.

Back