Death Metal

I never thought this would happen but I got into brutal death. For a while I felt I just wasn't destined to like Cannibal Corpse, but recently I started with Eaten Back to Life, then slowly got into their other albums and now I really love Tomb and The Bleeding. But even more I loved the first two albums by Cryptopsy, those are definitely Top 20 albums of all time material for me.

I never thought this would happen but I got into brutal death. For a while I felt I just wasn't destined to like Cannibal Corpse, but recently I started with Eaten Back to Life, then slowly got into their other albums and now I really love Tomb and The Bleeding. But even more I loved the first two albums by Cryptopsy, those are definitely Top 20 albums of all time material for me.
It might be too soon for you, but I would recommend you checking out Amputated's Wading Through Rancid Offal, if you're able to get past the cover. Half an hour of nothing but riffs and... pig sounds? I love it. :D

I'd say that CC aren't even brutal death - Eaten Back to Life in particular is very thrashy. Be sure to check out Skeletal Domain, I remember liking that one a lot. I used to spin Cryptopsy a lot, too.

However, regarding brutal death, I liked Suffocation's Effigy of the Forgotten and Nile (in general). Also, that's more deathgrind, but Cattle Decapitation's Monolith of Inhumanity really is... something.

It might be too soon for you, but I would recommend you checking out Amputated's Wading Through Rancid Offal, if you're able to get past the cover. Half an hour of nothing but riffs and... pig sounds? I love it. :D

I did check it out, I think I'd need to listen to it a few times more to get into it.

However, regarding brutal death, I liked Suffocation's Effigy of the Forgotten and Nile (in general). Also, that's more deathgrind, but Cattle Decapitation's Monolith of Inhumanity really is... something.

I've listened to a bit of Effigy and Pierced From Within, and I feel like I also need some time to get into them. I listened to Blood Oath and wasn't a huge fan.

I did check it out, I think I'd need to listen to it a few times more to get into it.
Yeah, that's what I expected, lol. I've had several people who told me "this isn't even music!!", but one guy actually loved it, so... :D

Yeah, that's what I expected, lol. I've had several people who told me "this isn't even music!!", but one guy actually loved it, so... :D

You'd think CC at least would be easier to listen to. I show Hammer Smashed Face to my boyfriend and he goes "...you actually like that? he's just making pig noises." Boy if you think those are pig noises...

You'd think CC at least would be easier to listen to. I show Hammer Smashed Face to my boyfriend and he goes "...you actually like that? he's just making pig noises." Boy if you think those are pig noises...
Some people just don't understand High Art....

:p

Shylmagoghnar's second album has been released a few months ago and is available on you tube. Quite different from the debut, with Helloween-like feel on certain bits, but a fantastic record, even better than the first.

New album by the Danish band Bæst or for the non Danes/Norwegians Baest meaning Beast...

Old 90's Morbid Angel comes to mind, which is not a bad thing!!

Last edited:
I never could get into death metal, black metal or other extreme sub genres but I respect the musicianship. I like traditional heavy metal, thrash metal and some doom metal.

This song is super catchy, love it. Everyone in the comments is hating it because they changed singers for this release, yet I thought his vocals were shit and this guy is much better :p

Back