Death Metal

So I've a question for those in the know - I've been getting into Morbid Angel lately, or at the very least their debut, which has already found a place in my overall favorite albums top 10. However, everything I've heard from the band's other albums hasn't been that impressive. So, to anyone who's listened to MA, what's your favorite album by them and why? I've heard a lot of good things about their other albums, but like I said, the songs I've heard haven't been that great, so I'm curious to hear what other listeners think.

Covenant, here...

Great song + the singer crowdsurfs during the entire song :D

EDIT: 15000th post. Solid choice IMO.
But he sings the same lyrics for 1st and 2nd verse! And starts singing the 2nd chorus while the band are playing the bridge!

I guess he can be forgiven though, given that he was crowdsurfing at the same time!

@Night Prowler perhaps you've heard it already but you might like this, because of obvious reasons: :D
For various reasons I prefer their 2 earlier albums, but this one is best produced (surely according to your taste) and it has awesome guitar solos. Don't be put of by the sameness of the first two tracks. The best is to come: Best tracks are probably The Burning Sky, title track, Never Alone Again and Battles to Come. Enjoy! Hail Swedish death metal! \m/

Last edited:
@Forostar , I agree with you about the Pestilence track. Didn't do much for me. Still not heard the full album.

Here's a release that comes out next week, seems worth checking out for those into old school ten ton hammer/bulldozer-heavy Death Metal :D

Back