Death Metal

karljant

Ancient Mariner
Liked it although not being nothing out of this world. Has a certain Damage Done vibe to it. Still a million times better than that Atoma crap.

karljant

Ancient Mariner
Death Metallions... here is a list I made regarding the 10 best Death n' Grind albums since 1985, distributed in 5 year long intervals. The twist of the tail is that you cannot use any of the bands Metallsucks users nominated as "the big 4" of Death metal: Death, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse and Obituary. If you're interested here's the link:

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Death Metallions... here is a list I made regarding the 10 best Death n' Grind albums since 1985, distributed in 5 year long intervals. The twist of the tail is that you cannot use any of the bands Metallsucks users nominated as "the big 4" of Death metal: Death, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse and Obituary. If you're interested here's the link:
That's excellent since I do not care for these big names. Not that I have a lot of other albums. Will post a few.

Brigantium

General of the Dark Army
Staff member
Are we using this thread for melodeath too?

I stumbled across this band the other day thanks to a Facebook ad that was actually relevant to my interests for once, and am working my way through their music. There's some really nice quality melodic death with orchestral stuff in there - they actually class themselves as symphonic melodeath, but there's no warbling going on. They're not a million miles from Amorphis, slightly more generic but have some really nice hooks in their songs, and a selection of heavier riffs. I was also surprised to find out they were French, not Finnish. The vocals reminded me slightly of Abbath to begin with, but not as corny.

karljant

Ancient Mariner
Another sad day for metal. Fuck this disease. LGP thanks for the music man.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lg-petrov-entombed-dead-obituary-1138178/

6f85b047a0b0f3e87bfc0a77ebb99548.jpg

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Former SEPULTURA members Igor Cavalera (drums), Max Cavalera (guitar, vocals) and Jairo Guedz (guitar) reunited virtually to record a new version of the band's classic song "Antichrist", which originally appeared on the 1985 EP "Bestial Devastation". The resulting clip was uploaded to YouTube as part of Igor's recently launched a new video series, "Beneath The Drums", where he dissects some of the best-known songs from his recording history.

1622886773742.png