DC Extended Universe Thread (Spoilers inside!)

Not sure, I still haven’t seen Suicide Squad but Justice League at least has Batman and Wonder Woman so I might catch it on dvd for them. I read your review and it sounds pretty much like what I expected.

Fair enough. I wouldn't have seen it in cinema either if the prices were as high as they are in USA, considering the quality of the previous movies.

Incentive I also have is that the cinema gives out bonus membership points if you see all 5 superhero movies released this year, and later I can exchange those points for drinks/snacks in the cinema :p

I watched TDKR for the first time since it was released and man... Bane's death was so disappointing. All that buildup only for it to be revealed that he was Talia's little bitch, then he gets killed by a motorcycle and no one mentions him again.

Trailers for 2 VERY different films

Aquaman directed by James Wan (my hero from the Conjuring & Insidious series)

Shazam! Basically Big meets Superman

Not a DC film, but the premise is so close I'm surprised DC's lawyers aren't having a field day. Premise is Superman's origin if he was evil as soon as his powers developed and never became a hero. A horror version of the Superman story (without using the title Superman)

Took my family to see Aquaman today on my son's birthday and we loved it! Absolutely criminal if it is not nominated for Best Visual Effects! Most of the theater was applauding when it was over. Btw, there is a mid-credits scene.

1. Seeing how Arthur gets his classic costume (armor in this case) was cool.
2. Love how James Wan worked in Jules Verne by showing an island/ocean at the Earth's core
3. Amber Heard (a fellow Texan) is a scene stealer! :wub:
4. Anybody else recognize the actor who played Arthur's dad when he's older as Jango Fett from Star Wars Ep 2?
5. Aquaman riding the Seahorse during the last battle was cool
6. Speaking of the last battle, God it was amazing! Can't say enough about the visuals in this film!
7. When Arthur was about to fight Orm the 1st time, Arthur should have said "You want to fight the surface world? My "friends (Justice League) and I defeated Steppenwolf...who the hell are you compared to him?"
8. Soundtrack: same composer (Rupert Gregson-Williams) as Wonder Woman except the dark scene in the Trench. It was composed by the guy (Joseph Bishara) who scored The Conjuring!
9. Black Manta was cool. Liked seeing his origin.

This is an amazing world James Wan has brought to the screen. We'll see where it goes from here

Trailer for upcoming Joker origin film starring Joaquin Phoenix. Looks good. Just a teaser though. Too little info to form much of an opinion yet

Not a DC movie (not even Warner Brothers), but I saw Brightburn yesterday. It is the horror version of Smallville but the names have changed. Here is the premise: alien baby crashes on Earth; found by US farmers; they raise him; starts to develop powers & finds out he is not from around here (sound familiar so far?). Then it takes a VERY dark turn as he uses his powers in murderous ways. This is a HARD R for gore and language. It was short (about 90 minutes) and a bit jumpy. However fans of horror & super hero films should appreciate it. Mid credits leave room for sequel (if it happens).

1. Chris Farley as Professor Hulk!? Love when he ends with "Nuff Said"! 2. Sinbad as Black Lightning! 3. Whoever played Penguin was great! 4. "Where's Clark"?!
Found this by accident; can't believe I never saw it before!

Not a DC movie (not even Warner Brothers), but I saw Brightburn yesterday. It is the horror version of Smallville but the names have changed. Here is the premise: alien baby crashes on Earth; found by US farmers; they raise him; starts to develop powers & finds out he is not from around here (sound familiar so far?). Then it takes a VERY dark turn as he uses his powers in murderous ways. This is a HARD R for gore and language. It was short (about 90 minutes) and a bit jumpy. However fans of horror & super hero films should appreciate it. Mid credits leave room for sequel (if it happens).

I can't wait to see it! That's how I've been discribing it to people, ever thought what might happen had Super man been evil? The trailer alone has shots that harken to Man of Steel and the original 70s Superman. Very excited!

For a few years now, the CW has had an annual crossover with most of their DC shows, but this year looks like the best:

schedule to appear in Crisis On Infinte Earths:

Tom Welling & Michael Rosebaum (Clark & Lex from Smallville)
Kevin Conroy as old Bruce Wayne
Burt Ward as old Robin
Brandon Routh as old Superman from Kingdom Come
Black Lightning
& John Diggle will finally become John Stewart aka Green Lantern

I'm looking forward to the new Batman film in a couple of years but I definitely hope the Joker and Penguin will be in this film series. No spoilers intended but the new film is reported to have multiple villains and it would be interesting to see Joker, Penguin, Cat Woman and the Riddler working together in the same film like the 1966 Batman film. As for the new Joker film, it looks awesome but Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson, and Heath Ledger will always be the best Jokers. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Joker film and I hope Joaquin Phoenix's Joker will be in the new Batman.

Back