Dave Murray

Guessing I'm Eighteen by Alice Cooper.

Who's the lady on lead guitar, btw?
Nita Strauss, who was Dave Murray in the Iron Maidens before joining Alice Cooper ironically...
Maybe the best female guitarist there is currently (apart from Jennifer Batten). She can play Jason Becker fluently...

Last edited:
I wondered about that as well. I think he was not. I think that every year such parties have taken place, and that Dave joined for the first time. Big chance it would be known and filmed if he went earlier.

I wondered about that as well. I think he was not. I think that every year such parties have taken place, and that Dave joined for the first time. Big chance it would be known and filmed if he went earlier.

The only instance that I know about was new years eve 2009 or 2010 when he joined Alice Cooper on Under My Wheels at the same party he did this year.

Interviewed in 1984:

Who do you like listening to in your spare time?
Well I listen to a lot of stuff like Purple and that. And Jethro Tull, Genesis.

Have there been any new artists that have blown you away lately?
Umm…well I like Stevie Ray Vaughan actually. I love his guitar playing. And we went to see a band called Queensyrche; I thought they were really good. I think they’re one of the better bands to come out.

Was it a high point in your career to get on the cover of Guitar Player magazine?
maidenguitarplayer.jpg

Oh yeah, that was amazing. ‘Cause like years ago, when were starting off, I used to go out and buy Guitar Player and all these magazines. And I never dreamed that we’d actually be in it, least of all on the front. So it’s a lovely compliment to us. It’s nice.

whole interview here:
https://earofnewt.com/2014/12/10/30...erslave-tour-the-newt-interviews-dave-murray/
maidencover.jpg

When I was younger and had to explain the different guitarists in Iron Maiden to my parents, I distinguished Dave Murray by calling him "Round Face Happy Cartoon Man."

Happy Birthday, RFHCM!

I had a brief argument with someone on FB who claimed that Adrian Smith had a 'ridiculously wide face'. I sussed he was talking about Dave, but he refused to believe me. There's an anecdote for the grandchildren, eh?

Back