The Red and the Black
Fear of the Dark
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Number of the Beast
----------------
The Wicker Man
Moonchild
Hallowed be Thy Name

Lego's "(*Mostly) Songs I Initially Disliked Or Frequently Skipped Over But Now Totally Love" World Tour:
  1. Futureal
  2. The Angel And The Gambler
  3. New Frontier
  4. Blood On The World's Hands
  5. Can I Play With Madness?
  6. Still Life
  7. For The Greater Good of God
  8. The Educated Fool
  9. Shadows of the Valley
  10. Heaven Can Wait
  11. *Powerslave
  12. *Iron Maiden
  13. *Number of the Beast
  14. *2 Minutes To Midnight
  15. *Wasted Years

1. Prowler
2. Killers
3. Phantom of the Opera
4. 22 Acaccia Avenue
5. Still Life
6. Powerslave
7. Alexander the Great
8. Only the Good Die Young
9. No Prayer for the Dying
10. Out of the Silent Planet
11. The Legacy
12. The Book of Souls
13. Hallowed Be Thy Name
14. The Trooper
15. Fear of the Dark

If Eternity Should Fail
Ghost of the Navigator
Children of the Damned
The Talisman
Brighter than a Thousand Suns
The Trooper
Dance of Death
Moonchild
Wasted Years
Revelations
Run to the Hills
Powerslave
The Number of the Beast
—————-
The Wicker Man
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Hallowed be Thy Name

If Book of Souls went for 2018 setlist..

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. Two Minutes to Midnight
4. The Red and the Black
5. The Trooper
6. Brave New World
7. The Great Unknown
8. Shadow of the Valley
9. Evil That Men Do
10. Book of Souls
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
—-
14. Number of the Beast
15. Death or Glory
16. Wasted Years

If Book of Souls went for 2018 setlist..

2. Speed of Light
3. Two Minutes to Midnight
4. The Red and the Black
5. The Trooper
6. Brave New World
7. The Great Unknown
8. Shadow of the Valley
9. Evil That Men Do
10. Book of Souls
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
—-
14. Number of the Beast
15. Death or Glory
16. Wasted Years

Seems plausible! :)

I toyed with the idea of a next album tour setlist... So I might just go another step forward in time and try to figure out the "next history/hits" or "farewell tour" setlist. It's not much of a prediction, since the classics selection of the next album tour might have a huge effect on what they will/won't do in the following tour, but I'm trying to do some kind of an outline of what kind of a structure there might be. I'm trying to keep the basic structure and song selection maidenish enough, but since there has always been more or less room for a surprises and occasional tweaks - especially with Bruce's recent grown influence in these things - I also shook some things up a little bit.

1. The Wicker Man (w/ wicker man, pyro/torches)
2. Run to the Hills
3. The Clairvoyant
4. Stranger in a Strange Land (w/ dry ice)
5. Phantom of the Opera (w/ pyro)
6. Flight of Icarus
--
7. Paschendale (w/ pyro?)
8. The Trooper
9. Afraid to Shoot Strangers / Blood Brothers
--
10. The Number of the Beast (w/ pyro)
11. The Book of Souls / The Clansman
12. Hallowed be Thy Name
13. Iron Maiden
--
14. Powerslave (/pyro)
15. Fear of the Dark
16. Wasted Years

It's just a career-spanning set, without any considerable focus on any particular album or period of time, even with it being heavy with the 80's. That makes this very challenging when it comes to make things fresh and interesting; when you take a look at the most essential eras, songs and albums, you got loads of songs that kind of have to be played and that doesn't leave you too much room to be creative. Without spoiling the current set or show to anyone who has managed to stay spoiler free, I think they managed to make the current set very interesting, fresh and formed a beautiful, somewhat loose narrative around it. Excellent!

So, I kind of incorporated some of that idea into this alternative outline. Yeah, it might seem a bit similar to SBIT/ME, but it's already a decade since SBIT 2008 and I guess they might feel like doing some 7th Son era stuff too. Not that I'm trying to be too serious here, haha, just toying with ideas and structures and all that.

Giant candles/torches light up, similar to IESF on TBOS tour.
"Seven deadly sins
Seven ways to win
Seven holy paths to hell, and your trip begings
Seven downward slopes, seven bloodied hopes
Seven are your burning fires... seven your desires"

BOOM! The stage is clothed in icy drapes and there are a couple of molded ice sculptures around. Waves of red light wash over the stage and the backdrop has a landscape with red moon in the sky and you can also see a grim reaper on the side. Some other nods to SSOASS/scribe Eddie artwork as well.

1. Moonchild
2. The Evil That Men Do
3. The Number of the Beast (w/ pyro)
4. Revelations / Stranger in a Strange Land (w/ dry ice)
5. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (w/ pyro, dry ice, scribe Eddie, candles)
--
Torches light up once again. Icy landscape is gone and beneath the white drapes another etheric landscape is revealed. The stage has a ruined look to it, with Powerslave/TBOS like details around the buildings. Eddie's face, formed of rather stormy clouds dominates the backdrop and is smirking wickedly. The spotlights reveal a giant wicker man at the center of the tops. The shadow of the wicker man is rising. Adrian starts the intro riff. Bruce runs to the stage with a torch in his hand.

6. The Wicker Man (/w wicker man, pyro, torches?)
7. Flight of Icarus
8. The Book of Souls/Dance of Death
9. Powerslave (/w pyro)
--
10. Blood Brothers
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Hallowed be thy Name
13. Iron Maiden
--
14. Phantom of the Opera (w/ pyro)
15. The Trooper
16. Wasted Years

Alright, maybe I'll stop before this gets completely out of hand. :D

The "You thought you were getting a new album didn't you" world tour 2020-2022

Bladerunner theme
01. Caught Somewhere In Time
02. Ghost of the Navigator
03. The Prisoner
04. Children of the Damned
05. The Clansman
06. Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
07. Powerslave
08. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
09. The Number of the Beast
10. Sign of the Cross
11. Flight of Icarus
12. The Talisman
13. Paschendale
14. The Evil that men do
15. Fear of the Dark
16. Run to the Hills

17. Moonchild
18. The Clairvoyant
19. Hallowed be thy Name

Pretty much just my favorite Maiden songs in an appropriate order, no consideration for how much a song has been played live.

So I thought I’d take a page out of King Diamond’s recent tour to put together...

The Tours That Men Do

Part I.
  1. Murders in the Rue Morgue
  2. Total Eclipse
  3. Stranger in a Strange Land
  4. Still Life
  5. The Apparition
  6. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
  7. The Wicker Man
  8. Lord of the Flies
  9. Alexander the Great
  10. Iron Maiden
Part II.
  1. Moonchild
  2. Infinite Dreams
  3. Can I Play With Madness
  4. The Evil That Men Do
  5. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
  6. The Prophecy
  7. The Clairvoyant
  8. Only The Good Die Young
Partly a normal tour, and partly a full album. People would flip.

Not a boring 2019 album tour

1. New Album Opener
2. New Album Single
3. 22 Acacia Avenue
4. Brave New World
5. New Album Long Song
6. The Trooper
7. Stranger In A Strange Land
8. New Album Short Song
9. New Album Centerpiece
10. Hallowed Be Thy Name
11. The Clairvoyant
12. Fear of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
------------------------------------
14. If Eternity Should Fail
15. The Number Of The Beast
16. Wasted Years

The Modelled after Rush's R40 Tour Tour

Set 1:

2. Death Or Glory / Speed Of Light (rotation)
3. Coming Home
4. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
5. Paschendale
6. The Wicker Man / Brave New World (rotation)
7. Blood Brothers
8. The Clansman
9. Man On The Edge
10. Fear Of The Dark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set 2:

1. The Evil That Men Do
2. Infinite Dreams
3. Wasted Years
4. Stranger In A Strange Land
5. Powerslave
6. The Trooper
7. Flight Of Icarus
8. The Number Of The Beast
9. The Prisoner / 22 Acacia Avenue (rotation)
10. Run To The Hills
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Encore:

22. Murders In The Rue Morgue
23. Killers
24. Phantom Of The Opera
25. Iron Maiden

So I thought I’d take a page out of King Diamond’s recent tour to put together...

The Tours That Men Do

Part I.
  1. Murders in the Rue Morgue
  2. Total Eclipse
  3. Stranger in a Strange Land
  4. Still Life
  5. The Apparition
  6. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
  7. The Wicker Man
  8. Lord of the Flies
  9. Alexander the Great
  10. Iron Maiden
Part II.
  1. Moonchild
  2. Infinite Dreams
  3. Can I Play With Madness
  4. The Evil That Men Do
  5. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
  6. The Prophecy
  7. The Clairvoyant
  8. Only The Good Die Young
Partly a normal tour, and partly a full album. People would flip.
I'd be down for that set list. I actually like the audacity of putting "The Apparition" on there. Hell, replace "Iron Maiden" with any shitty song like "Weekend Warrior" and at least I'd be hearing a different shitty song for a change. Sign me up!

The non-SSoaSS songs I chose because I think they fit the concept of what such a setlist is supposed to be. The Apparition fits and I’d love to see it anyway. :D

The Wicker Man
Where Eagles Dare
The Evil That Men Do
The Legacy
Blood Brothers
The Red and the Black
2 Minutes to Midnight
Paschendale
The Trooper
Flight of Icarus
Hallowed be Thy Name
Wasted Years
——————
Run to the Hills
Revelations
The Number of the Beast

Churchill's Speech/Aces High
These Colours Don't Run
Where Eagles Dare
Anthem for Damned Youth/Paschendale
Stranger In A Strange Land
Fight Of Icarus
Powerslave
Run To The Hills
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
The Clansman
The Evil That Men Do
For The Greater Good Of God
The Number of the Beast
Fear of The Dark
If Eternity Should Fail [Necropolis Portion Dropped]
Wasted Years
-----
Rime of The Ancient Mariner
Hallowed Be Thy Name

So this whole show follows a concept, it begins with the War, Where a Pilot begins flying to face the enemy and drifts into memories of when he left home. Before engaging in a dog fight. Following Paschendale the character is knocked out and put into a coma, in a strange land experiencing odd things (Icarus->Seventh Son) at which point he awakens realising the world isn't what it seems (Clansman, Evil, Good of God, The Number of the Beast). PTSD is addressed through Fear of the dark and If Eternity Should fail is the beginning of realisation, culminating in Wasted Years. Becoming a Mariner before eventually answering for his life in Hallowed.

Only Song I wanted to fit in but didnt find a spot for was Caught Somewhere In Time. Although the Longest Day could fit in before stranger in a strange land and CSIT could replace these colours don't run.

So this whole show follows a concept, it begins with the War, Where a Pilot begins flying to face the enemy and drifts into memories of when he left home. Before engaging in a dog fight. Following Paschendale the character is knocked out and put into a coma, in a strange land experiencing odd things (Icarus->Seventh Son) at which point he awakens realising the world isn't what it seems (Clansman, Evil, Good of God, The Number of the Beast). PTSD is addressed through Fear of the dark and If Eternity Should fail is the beginning of realisation, culminating in Wasted Years. Becoming a Mariner before eventually answering for his life in Hallowed.

Only Song I wanted to fit in but didnt find a spot for was Caught Somewhere In Time. Although the Longest Day could fit in before stranger in a strange land and CSIT could replace these colours don't run.

That's quite a narrative there!

I toyed with another thematic set, sort of a Brave New World celebration thing. While not exactly a BNW history tour, it's pretty heavily focused on that particular album and era, with a couple of nods a a couple of years backwards and forward. If they'd ever do an era-focused history/hits tour (they won't, but IF they did), BNW would be a strong candidate. Four to five songs from that album with a completely new take on the visual landscape of the stage set. Considering that BNW is loved a lot by all of the current members and it's a very special album for them (and for the fans too), I could kinda see something like this being in the realm of potential possibility in alternative universe.

Yeah, that's not much, but it's still something. :D

Intro: Arthur's Farewell/something from The Wicker Man (1973) movie
On screens: Futuristic London looms in the twilight. The view moves slowly away from the city, to sea. There, on a lonely island, some rises through above the hills and trees. Lights turn towards the huge wicker man prop that rises behind the drum risers and stage structure. (You can tell that absolutely love the idea of a revised wicker man prop)
1. The Wicker Man (w/ wicker man, pyro, torch - Bruce picks up a torch during the instrumental break and sings the last chorus holding it)
2. Ghost of the Navigator (stormy sky/sea backdrop)
3. Rainmaker/Killers/Wrathchild (with the same backdrop)
4. The Trooper
5. Out of the Silent Planet (w/ pyro, the surprise of the set)
6. The Clansman
7. The Clairvoyant/The Evil That Men Do/Run to the Hills
8. Man on the Edge
8. Dance of Death (w/ torches)
9. The Number of the Beast (w/ pyro)
10. Fear of the Dark
11. Brave New World
12. Iron Maiden (w/ pyro, Eddie)
--
13. Powerslave (w/ pyro)
14. Blood Brothers
15. Wasted Years

Churchill's Speech/Aces High
These Colours Don't Run
Where Eagles Dare
Anthem for Damned Youth/Paschendale
Stranger In A Strange Land
Fight Of Icarus
Powerslave
Run To The Hills
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
The Clansman
The Evil That Men Do
For The Greater Good Of God
The Number of the Beast
Fear of The Dark
If Eternity Should Fail [Necropolis Portion Dropped]
Wasted Years
-----
Rime of The Ancient Mariner
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Very cool setlist idea! Only thing I think would be better is changing the PTSD song from FOTD to Fortunes of War, The Aftermath, or Benjamin Breeg. But it’s still a really interesting idea and some completely new takes on different songs.

So with The Legacy of the Beast Tour at an end (for this leg at least), I propose...

The Legacy Continues....

As “Doctor Doctor” comes to a close, the stage goes dark. There are a few moments of silence. The crowd is on edge in anticipation. The build-up is enormous.
The spotlight suddenly turns on. A hum can be heard, and then the opening notes of Maiden’s sixth album opener can be heard. A holograph of Eddie appears on stage. He looks confused. As the drums kick in, the lights begin to go inside. Purple, yellow, red, all over the stage and the audience. Eddie finds his way again and exits, just in time for the band to hit the stage as the song kicks in.

1. “Caught Somewhere In Time”​

The band put on a spectacular performance and the light show is incredible. The song has barely come to a close when the next one begins. This time the stage is illuminated by orange lights, and is in more of a classic set-up. However, holographs return to the set and keep popping up and disappearing and reappearing and so on.

2. “Futureal”​

The crowd is wild by this point. The band hardly takes any time to recuperate before they launch right into the next song. As the riff begins, there is some build-up, and... hey! The Spitfire’s back! As the song builds up, the plane rises into the top, and by the time Bruce starts singing it's at the center of the stage.

3. “Tailgunner”​

The song comes to a close and the band finally takes a break. Bruce addresses the audience and thanks them for attending, etc. He introduces the next song as crew members transform the stage into a battlefield setting. Bruce ends his speech in time for the drumbeat to kick in.

4. “Paschendale”​

A monumental song and the band sells it completely. As it comes to an end, the crowd cheers, and the iconic riff of the succeeding song starts up.

5. “The Trooper”​

Same shtick as on the previous tour leg. The band end the song and lights go out. The stage is reset in a new design now... is that a pyramid? Yellow lights begin to go up as the iconic intro can be heard, and then the drumbeat and opening riff launch into...

6. “Powerslave”​

But as soon as that song ends, the stage changes again. Now it looks like that of a ship. An acoustic intro begins, and Bruce quietly joins in.

7. “The Talisman”​

With that song at an end, some planetary object appears in the background, and a new song begins.

8. “Out of the Silent Planet”​

The sea setting hasn’t disappeared yet, however. After taking a few moments to get their breath back, Bruce introduces the next song, the centerpiece of the show, iconic like no other...

9. “Rime of the Ancient Mariner”​

Featuring an albatross, costume changes, and plenty of fog, the performance has people clapping and singing along. The song ends, and soon enough Janick starts riffing along the next one.

10. “Lord of the Flies”​

The next songs are the same as on the previous leg set wise.

11. “Fear of the Dark”
12. “The Number of the Beast”
13. “Iron Maiden”​

The band returns to the stage as the crowd cheers anew. Drumbeats kick off the encore.

14. “Be Quick Or Be Dead”​

Lights go off. Wind can be heard, and then a voice. “My son... ask for thyself another kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.”

15. “Alexander the Great”​

This time around, Bruce gets a pike, and after it ends, he says something the effect of “Told you we’d fucking play it!” After thanking everyone again for coming he tells them “one last song”. The bass intro begins and the band launches into the final track.

16. “Wrathchild”
The band exits the stage, the crowd leaves, and the tale goes on and on and on...

Back