7. Rainmaker
8. Dream of Mirrors
9. Flash of the Blade
10. Shadows of the Valley
11. The Evil That Men Do
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
--
14. Darkside of Aquarius (Bruce Dickinson Cover)
15. Heaven Can Wait
16. Sanctuary

Aces High
Moonchild
Ghost of the Navigator
Revelations
Children of the Damned
The Talisman
Flight of Icarus
For the Greater Good of God
The Wicker Man
Paschendale
The Trooper
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Rainmaker
If Eternity Should Fail
Wasted Years
When the Wild Wind Blows
Run to the Hills
Blood Brothers
Fear of the Dark
The Number of the Beast
————
Where Eagles Dare
2 Minutes to Midnight
Hallowed be Thy Name
Great great setlist... only problem being is that it would take two long shows to play it :p

The "Only Album Openers" Tour:

t: Satellite 15...
1. The Final Frontier
2. Where Eagles Dare
3. Be Quick or Be Dead
4. Moonchild
5. Futureal
6. Wildest Dreams
7. Tailgunner
8. Sign of the Cross
9. Invaders
10. Different World
11. Prowler
12. If Eternity Should Fail
13. Caught Somewhere in Time
-------
t: The Ides of March
14. Wrathchild
15. The Wicker Man
16. Aces High

The "Only Album Closers" Tour, aka the "Piss Off the Average Fan/Make Maidenfans Cum Themselves" Tour, aka the "Only Evening With Tour In Maiden History":

SET ONE
1. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
2. To Tame a Land
3. Drifter
4. The Unbeliever
5.. When the Wild Wind Blows
6. The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
7. Alexander the Great
8. Only the Good Die Young

-INTERMISSION-

SET TWO - w/ an orchestra and acoustics available for each guitarist
9. Journeyman
10. Como Estais Amigos
11. Mother Russia
12. The Legacy
13. Empire of the Clouds

- ENCORE-
14. Iron Maiden
15. Fear of the Dark
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Alexander The Great would be a great opener for this gig. And yes...I would buy this ticket without hesitating! (only problem being is that's another setlist that would take two entire shows to play)

By contrast here is my album openers concert... also a great gig:

Aces High
Futureal
Wrathchild (since The Ides Of March is more of an intro)
Sign Of The Cross
Invaders
Where Eagles Dare
The Final Frontier (without Satellite 15)
The Trooper*
Tailgunner
If Eternity Should Fail
Different World
The Wicker Man
Iron Maiden*

_______ Encore 1 _________
Caught Somewhere In Time
Wildest Dreams
Prowler

_______ Encore 2 _________
Be Quick Or Be Dead
The Number Of The Beast*
Moonchild

* Added these classics so that the show would be at least 1h40 long.

Last edited:
How I think Legacy Of The Beast (1976-2006) should be like.
This would be a handful of shows since it's a hell of a long concert (22 songs long with 3 encores.... +- 140 mins!!!) and I made my picks tacking more into account the most popular songs among fans while not forgeting absolute classics: moments that portrait what maiden is all about and marked the band's carreer. So it goes as follows:

Aces High
Can I Play With Madness
Revelations
Wrathchild
The Clansman
Sign Of The Cross
The Trooper
For The Greater Good Of God
Rainmaker
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

_______ Encore 1 _________
The Wicker Man
Infinite Dreams
Phantom Of The Opera

_______ Encore 2 _________
The Number Of The Beast
Wasted Years
Heaven Can Wait

_______ Encore 3 _________
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Bring Your Daughter
Run To The Hills

Last edited:
So... 22 songs in total, Wrathchild, Rainmaker (as much as I love it), BYD....TTS and HCW included but Flight of Icarus dropped... :p
sure... HCW is imo way more anthemic and BYD is their only #1 single. Rainmaker I can get your point but I wanted to put some DOD there and Wrathchild is an absolute defining song (although I'm much more into MITRM or Killers)

Last edited:
I would rather have two extra songs than eight minutes of screaming for the band to play more.
ok...

Aces High
Can I Play With Madness
Revelations
Wrathchild
The Clansman
Sign Of The Cross
The Trooper
For The Greater Good Of God
Rainmaker
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Powerslave
Fear Of The Dark
The Wicker Man
Infinite Dreams
Phantom Of The Opera
The Number Of The Beast
Wasted Years
Heaven Can Wait
Iron Maiden

______ Encore _________
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Bring Your Daughter
Run To The Hills

Suits you better? :p

Here's why a more detailled explanation regarding my picks

Iron Maiden:
Phantom Of The Opera - The best song out of their debut and the track that marked the difference between Maiden and the rest of the pack very early. This song should be played in almost every gig. Fortunately one of my top ten tracks.
Iron Maiden - The only track that was played in every single tour and a unique live moment (Eddie and stuff)

KIllers:
Wrathchild - Great track that to this day remains as an all time favorite of band and fans alike. I would prefer MITRM or the title track but this song is a no brainer.

The Number Of The Beast:
HBTN, RTTH and TNOTB - 3 absolute classics and fan favorites that defined the beggining of the 2nd phase of Maiden's legacy, especially the live powerhouse that is the tittle track (a concert must play).

Piece Of Mind:
Revelations - The best track in the record as far as I'm concerned and a hell of a composition (in my top 5) and live feature. Absolutely mandatory.
The Trooper - This song has it all and is one of the first tracks that comes to my mind while making a setlist.

Powerslave:
Aces High, ROTAM - My two favorite songs and something tells me I'm far from being alone here. the perfect gig/ album opener and the perfect epic. Two more songs that, if it was up to me, should always be played.
Powerslave - All of the above only a notch below, Powerslave is also in my top 10 and it's a monument when played live.

Somewhere In Time:
Wasted Years - Let's put it simple: this was the song that brought me into Maiden back in 87. The perfect radio hit and one hell of a composition. A must play anytime.
Heaven Can Wait - Every single song on this album is absolutely superb (my fav Maiden album) and while next to WY my favorite track is TLOTLDR, HCW also is one of my top 10 picks and his an unique live moment regarding crowd interaction.

Seventh Son of A Seventh Son:
CIPWM - This commercial yet mystical rocker sums pretty much how masterful Maiden was during this era combining experimentation and catchy tunes without compromising their blueprint.
Infinite Dreams - Best song out of the album, this 6 min prog metal gem shows a band that was at the top of its game and yet expanding. Simply amazing. Make no mistake: like SIT this album is completely composed by top notch songs... but these two are the ones I find especially illustrative of this era.

No Prayer For The Dying:
BYDTTS: Yes I know the lyrics are corny and that some of the band's members deslike it but this was their only #1 single ever and that's a landmark regarding the band's legacy. Plus unlike many others I really love this track and the live version has that superb sing along.

Fear Of The Dark:
FOTD - As much as I love BQOBD way more than this track (and still prefer ATSS by a considerable amount), FOTD is a live moment of communion with the audience that ranks among the band's most significant ones. If it was for me I would ditch it since I've always regarded it as a merely great song, but since this set list is about the band's legacy FOTD is nothing short of essential.

The X Factor:
SOTC - Another top 10 of mine and a mamoth of a song. In a decade where Maiden was losing all their grandeur and epic features this song put them back on track and brought back the Maiden traits I have always loved.

Virtual XI:
The Clansman - Excellent track in a meh album that firmly gained its space in the band's reportoire and fan's hearts alike if one pays attention to the audience sing along.

Brave New World:
The Wicker Man - Appart from Running Wild's stollen riffage this song is another excelent cut. Provides great audience interaction and sounds fresh and energetic no matter how many times they play it live.

Dance Of Death:
Rainmaker: I would go for Montsegur or Face In The Sand (my 2 fav DOD cuts). Others would pick the title track, Paschendale or even No More Lies since any of these songs are illustrative of how much of a great album DOD is. But since none of these were massively embraced as fans or band's favorites and since It would be simply disrespectful to skip such an amazing record I picked Rainmaker: a short melodical metal track that got its single (and superd clip) and shows how good guitar melodies were during this period.

A Matter Of Life And Death:
FTGGOG - And to finalize one of AMOLAD best tracks (could be TCDR, BTATS or Breeg). This record is something. Let's put it simple: 13 records past and 26 years after their debut the band released one of their best records ever (ranks at #5 in my preferences). I can't recall a handful of top tier bands that managed to achieve something even similar to this. And FTGGOG is everything epic Maiden is all about at its best: the intensity, the crescendo, that amazing chorus, the breathtaking bridge and instrumental part... everything! Easily one of my top 10 favorite Maiden songs ever.

So there you go... There are some personal favorites I left out (Killers, MITRM, WED, Still LIfe, LOTLDR, Moonchild, The Prophecy, BQOBD, MOTE, TTLBLAH, Montsegur, FITS, TCDR) and perhaps some others a considerable amount of fans may like (Prowler, Killers, COTD, Prisoner, TFOI, 2MTM, ATG, TETMD, SSOASS, LOTF, Blood Brothers, DOD, NML, Paschendale, BTATS, Breeg) but hey... time is limited and in all honesty a maximum of 17 songs out of these 22 would be played ( Maiden would never make a 2h10 show at this age).

Last edited:
Piece of Time Tour

1. Where Eagles Dare
2. Revelations
3. Flight of Icarus
4. Caught Somewhere in Time
5. Sea of Madness
6. Ghost of the Navigator
7. 2 Minutes to Midnight
8. Still Life
9. Heaven Can Wait
10. Stranger in a Strange Land
11. Deja Vu
12. Die With Your Boots On
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
-ENCORE-
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. The Trooper
17. Wasted Years

Powerslave revisted again (but properly)

1. Aces High
2. Two Minutes to Midnight
3. The Trooper
4. Flash of the Blade
5. Dance of Death
6. Different World
7. Phantom of the Opera
8. The Duellists
9. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
10. Powerslave
11. Number of the Beast
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
--
Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Running Free
16. Wasted Years

Piece of Time Tour

1. Where Eagles Dare
2. Revelations
3. Flight of Icarus
4. Caught Somewhere in Time
5. Sea of Madness
6. Ghost of the Navigator
7. 2 Minutes to Midnight
8. Still Life
9. Heaven Can Wait
10. Stranger in a Strange Land
11. Deja Vu
12. Die With Your Boots On
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
-ENCORE-
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
16. The Trooper
17. Wasted Years
It's solid. I would probably switch the place of CSIT and WED though. It would work a bit better.

Where Eagles Dare
2 Minutes to Midnight
Revelations
The Talisman
Blood Brothers
Flight of Icarus
Paschendale
The Wicker Man
Wasted Years
The Trooper
Run to the Hills
Iron Maiden
———-
If Eternity Should Fail
Powerslave
Hallowed be Thy Name

If Iron Maiden was going to play with a full symphony orchestra I would love to hear this setlist:

Number of the Beast (makes a great opener)
2 Minutes to Midnight
Revelations
Infinite Dreams
Wrathchild
Lightning Strikes Twice
Alexander the Great
Blood Brothers
Empire of the Clouds
Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger
The Trooper
The Sign of the Cross
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore:

Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

It probably won't happen but Nicko has expressed interest according to some interviews and I hope they will

If Iron Maiden was going to play with a full symphony orchestra I would love to hear this setlist:

Number of the Beast (makes a great opener)
2 Minutes to Midnight
Revelations
Infinite Dreams
Wrathchild
Lightning Strikes Twice
Alexander the Great
Blood Brothers
Empire of the Clouds
Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger
The Trooper
The Sign of the Cross
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden

Encore:

Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

It probably won't happen but Nicko has expressed interest according to some interviews and I hope they will

Great idea but IMO there are songs that would fit perfectly the whole thing you left out. First of all there's a handful of tracks I think are mandatory in this format:

• Phantom Of The Opera (... do I need to say anything?)
  • Hallowed Be Thy Name (it has orchestra written all over)
  • The Trooper (already done by cover bands and with great results)
  • Revelations (once again... do I need to say anything?)
  • To Tame A Land (another one with orchestra written all over)
  • Rime Of The Ancient Mariner (this is THE SONG that simply must have an orchestral version )
  • Powerslave (also a no brainer)
  • Wasted Years (another of the few short songs I think would sound stellar with an orchestral arrangement)
  • Alexander The Great (yup.... no doubts here)
  • Seventh Son (after ROTAM I think this is the track that would sound better in this format)
  • Fear Of The Dark (already done by Blaze and Doro and sounded quite great)
  • Sign Of The Cross (besides ROTAM and SSOASS this is my imediate pick)
  • For The Greater Good Of God (that chorus with an orchestra....)
  • The Book Of Souls (another perfect fit)

Plus:
Prodigal Son (it begs to be played with an orchestra)
Infinite Dreams (fits exactly the profile)
Blood Brothers, Dance Of Death and Paschendale (although not being my top tier sonhgs the orchestral versions featured in the No More Lies EP are mind blowing!)

P.S: I didn't put EOTC and Face In The Sand because both tracks are already filled with orchestral arrangements.

Last edited:
Back