Create your own Iron Maiden setlist!

Call Of The Beast Tour

Imagine if Iron Maiden used the rankings that LC has been compiling for years to create their new setlist. Without passing the two hour mark, I think it'd look a little something like this:

Intro: Churchill's Speech
1. Aces High
2. Children Of The Damned
3. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
4. The Trooper
5. Revelations
6. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
7. Powerslave
8. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
9. Infinite Dreams
10. Sign Of The Cross
11. Paschendale
12. Iron Maiden

Encore:
13. Phantom Of The Opera
14. The Book Of Souls
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

That includes the Top 14 Maiden songs according to this thread + Iron Maiden. Moral of the story? The band know what they're doing and if it was all left up to the fans, things could spiral out of control pretty fast.
No FOTD. 2/10.

Collin I just literally fucking posted where I got all the songs from. FOTD was #22. Take it up with @LooseCannon for not faking the results or with the rest of the forum for not voting it into the Top 20.
Has “Paschendale”. 2/10.
:ninja:

Paschendale, one of this forum's most popular songs, should not be surprising. You're one of the odd people out in that regard.

Collin I just literally fucking posted where I got all the songs from. FOTD was #22. Take it up with @LooseCannon for not faking the results or with the rest of the forum for not voting it into the Top 20.
Yeah, I'm fully aware of where you got the songs from. But FOTD is not there, so you still get a 2/10.

Call Of The Beast Tour

Imagine if Iron Maiden used the rankings that LC has been compiling for years to create their new setlist. Without passing the two hour mark, I think it'd look a little something like this:

1. Aces High
4. The Trooper
5. Revelations
7. Powerslave
9. Infinite Dreams
10. Sign Of The Cross
11. Paschendale
12. Iron Maiden

Encore:
13. Phantom Of The Opera
14. The Book Of Souls
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

That includes the Top 14 Maiden songs according to this thread + Iron Maiden. Moral of the story? The band know what they're doing and if it was all left up to the fans, things could spiral out of control pretty fast.
Has Infinite Dreams. 100000000/10.

Call Of The Beast Tour

1. Aces High
4. The Trooper
5. Revelations
7. Powerslave
9. Infinite Dreams
10. Sign Of The Cross
11. Paschendale
12. Iron Maiden

Encore:
13. Phantom Of The Opera
14. The Book Of Souls
15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I would defenitly buy this ticket but come on... even though not ranking among the favorites in this forum The Number Of The Beast should be included. Plus it's with awe that I come to the conclusion that this list features zero songs from both Killers and SIT.... are people around here out of their mind?

What If The Legacy Of the Beast setlist was entirely based in the tour poster? Well Let's start spotting up songs shall we? Up from down / left to right:

1. The Fallen Angel (dark angel figure)
  2. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns (nuclear blast... can also be 2MTM)
  3. Powerslave (Anubis statue)
  4. Lord Of The Flies (mosquito)
  5. The Clansman (Scotish flag)
  6. Still Life? (Piece Of Mind cover - "Will give me piece of mind")
  7. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son? (7th son's cover)
  8. Dance Of Death (dog from the cover artwork)
  9. Blood Brothers (blood drops around a house - symbol of family)
  10. Sign Of The Cross (cross and sunset)
  11. Caught Somewhere In Time? (Somewhere Back In Time's cover)
  12. Where Eagles Dare (snow flakes)
  13. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner (fish)
  14. Fear Of The Dark (light switch in the dark)
  15. Moonchild (fetus and hand pulling other hand below - "take my hand tonight")
  16. The Trooper (Trooper beer bottle, cannons in lower row and big Trooper cover)
  17. The Number Of The Beast (3 sixes)
  18. Be Quick Or Be Dead (snake eye.. can also be a crocodile's eye for Revelations)
  19. Ghost Of The Navigator (compass)
  20. Hallowed Be Thy Name (cell and sentence scroll)
  21. Flash Of The Blade? (blacksmith making swords)
  22. Flight Of Icarus (Icarus falling)
  23. and of course Iron Maiden (logo)

What's your take on this one?
P.S. :No idea of what the wheel near by the bottle stands for....

Last edited:
What If The Legacy Of the Beast setlist was entirely based in the tour poster?

But... isn't it? ;)

Alright, they actually skipped SiT entirely and the it didn't end up to the stained glass windows of the stage set either, but other than that... :p

It's a bit far fetched because The Trooper's lyrics doesn't feature the word "bottle" anywhere (while songs like Running Free do), Dance Of Death doesn't speak about "dogs" (while tracks like Back In The Village refer to it), the word "fish" is nowhere to be found in Rime Of The Ancient Mariner (unlike on Run Silent Run Deep p.e.) and we all know those are among the main motives that are immediatly associated with each song (Trooper beer for the bottle, that unmistakable poor CGI white dog from the Eyes Wide Shut like ceremony depicted in Dance Of Death's cover and the sea creatures present in the mariner's lonesome martyrium through the ocean). Every single element bear a way more symbolic and illustrative value than textual one. But Hey! It can be Sun And Steel... though I think a samurai or a katana would be way more fitting and on the same line of the remainder drawings.

Last edited:
Aces High
Moonchild
Ghost of the Navigator
Revelations
Children of the Damned
The Talisman
Flight of Icarus
For the Greater Good of God
The Wicker Man
Paschendale
The Trooper