Crazy news 'round the globe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I am having a BLAST following the really weird news about the metal monolith structures popping up everywhere. Just to catch you guys up. A Helicopter crew found an odd metal monolith in the Utah desert. No one knows how it got there. Initially it was thought to be an art piece, but several artists whose names were dropped have denied being responsible. Nerd alerts went up and many pointed out the structure has been visible from Google Earth since 2016. Yet.... WHO PUT IT THERE? Well.... shortly after the discovery it disappeared! One photographer says a group of 4 men "demolished" it as he was taking pictures, saying they called it, "trash."

Then, not even a week after that, ANOTHER monolith appeared in Romania! it too disappeared only days after being discovered. Then this morning I wake up to see that another one has been found in California! this is so much fun. I honestly don't care if this is a prank, actual aliens or total nonesense. It's just fun to follow and sure beats being anxious about the economy and COVID.

I didn't link any articles (there are quite a few), but quick searches of UTAH MONOLITH, ROMANIA MONOLITH, will give you accurate hits.

People are comparing them to the monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Fun times!

Oh man, I am having a BLAST following the really weird news about the metal monolith structures popping up everywhere. Just to catch you guys up. A Helicopter crew found an odd metal monolith in the Utah desert. No one knows how it got there. Initially it was thought to be an art piece, but several artists whose names were dropped have denied being responsible. Nerd alerts went up and many pointed out the structure has been visible from Google Earth since 2016. Yet.... WHO PUT IT THERE? Well.... shortly after the discovery it disappeared! One photographer says a group of 4 men "demolished" it as he was taking pictures, saying they called it, "trash."

Then, not even a week after that, ANOTHER monolith appeared in Romania! it too disappeared only days after being discovered. Then this morning I wake up to see that another one has been found in California! this is so much fun. I honestly don't care if this is a prank, actual aliens or total nonesense. It's just fun to follow and sure beats being anxious about the economy and COVID.

I didn't link any articles (there are quite a few), but quick searches of UTAH MONOLITH, ROMANIA MONOLITH, will give you accurate hits.

People are comparing them to the monolith in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Fun times!

Yeah, just came here to post that a new one appeared in California.

It's probably an art project or an elaborate hoax, but I agree, it's fun to follow this to watch where it's going.

PS: I already vented to some friends about people calling a metal object a "monolith" because lithos is Greek for stone. Then again, it was also an ancient Greek colloquialism for stupid people, so maybe it's fitting.

Yeah, just came here to post that a new one appeared in California.

It's probably an art project or an elaborate hoax, but I agree, it's fun to follow this to watch where it's going.

PS: I already vented to some friends about people calling a metal object a "monolith" because lithos is Greek for stone. Then again, it was also an ancient Greek colloquialism for stupid people, so maybe it's fitting.
So now, the California structure was destroyed by a "christian" group, yet ANOTHER one has appeared in Pittsburgh, PA outside a candy store LOL.

So now, the California structure was destroyed by a "christian" group, yet ANOTHER one has appeared in Pittsburgh, PA outside a candy store LOL.
At this point it's hard to tell if it's copycats or some sort of viral marketing campaign or what.

At this point it's hard to tell if it's copycats or some sort of viral marketing campaign or what.
Pretty much. The U.S structures are fairly similar. the one in Romania apparently had odd designs on it. So It could be the same group doing it.

metall-stele-101~_v-videowebl.jpg

New one at Neuschwanstein Castle.

Yup, apparently a couple popped up on an island off of England, two more in Canada, another one in El Paso Texas, a GOLD one i Colombia. Saw an article that a group of pranksters has taken responsibility for some of them, but they keep appearing everywhere. Haven't had this much fun with the news in a while. Better than watching a series lol.

The remains included jawbones and teeth thought to be from ancestors of modern elephants, rhinoceroses, pigs and other extinct species, said Drazen Japundzic of Zagreb's Natural History Museum.

You wouldn't have anything to do with this, would you @Magnus?

The remains included jawbones and teeth thought to be from ancestors of modern elephants, rhinoceroses, pigs and other extinct species, said Drazen Japundzic of Zagreb's Natural History Museum.

You wouldn't have anything to do with this, would you @Magnus?
Thanks for the info Per.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back