Crazy news 'round the globe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, missed the reference (if there was any).

Not a reference to anything. The article says the guy was identified as "Kumar", and this was just another way of saying that he evidently has issues.

Not a reference to anything. The article says the guy was identified as "Kumar", and this was just another way of saying that he evidently has issues.
That much is true. How drunk do you suppose he must have been?

Which Sienna are we talking about here?
Sienna Miller.

giphy.gif

Crappy Spanish restoration strikes again!

1592921377288.png

The professional body for restoring artwork is really unhappy about this because there's no legal protection for their trade. They've said that heritage pieces like this should only be worked on by proper restoration experts. Who the hell would pay some amateur to do this anyway? It would be like if all the recordings of 'Hallowed be thy Name' went missing and Rod Smallwood got The Raven Age to redo it.

Always fucking Spain. ::)

Crappy Spanish restoration strikes again!

View attachment 12249

The professional body for restoring artwork is really unhappy about this because there's no legal protection for their trade. They've said that heritage pieces like this should only be worked on by proper restoration experts. Who the hell would pay some amateur to do this anyway? It would be like if all the recordings of 'Hallowed be thy Name' went missing and Rod Smallwood got The Raven Age to redo it.

Always fucking Spain. ::)

Blimey, that is a REALLY botched job!

I wonder what made the collector take his picture to that place in the first instance. A cheap quote???

You've got to wonder how many times paintings have been 'restored' and changed in the past. Not badly, maybe, but definitely different to the original.

I was thinking more of an early medieval, for example, mural, being repainted in a completely different style in the 15th or 16th Century, and updated again in the 17th or 18th. Which version is the real piece of history?

Let's not get into the whitewashing of church interiors in the Reformation. :D

I was thinking more of an early medieval, for example, mural, being repainted in a completely different style in the 15th or 16th Century, and updated again in the 17th or 18th. Which version is the real piece of history?

So true. The portals of Romanesque churches were painted in bright colours, colours that are now lost. Which version is the real piece of history?

The one still standing, I'd say. No point of wondering about what was. I sometimes go into a panic over the library of Alexandria and the amount codices lost during the Spanish conquest of Latin America. Never mind the amount of monuments lost in the middle east due to wars or just Muslims not giving two shits about ancient statues and temples.

Heightened radiation has been measured in Scandinavia, probably originating in Russia.

Sure 2020, let's have another Chernobyl too because why the fuck not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back